Chapter 4

Enjoy!

Y/n

I look around the Common Room, not focusing on my homework at all, as I have detention with Umbrige in the next hour. Harry left a while before me, serving detention with her directly before me. I slouch against the armchair I'm sitting in and I stare at the ceiling, wondering what kind of work she'll have me do.

"Harry's not back yet, huh?" I hear a male voice that startles me. "Oh, Ron. No, he's not, I'd be on my way to detention if he was." I explain, sitting up again. I look up at him as he sits on the couch closest to me, "I guess you haven't finished anything? Me either. We'll both have to ask Hermione for the answers then?" He laughs and I smile, "I suppose so..."

I look at the wall clock and I needed to be in Umbrige's office 5 minutes ago. "Merlin's beard, I've got to go! I thought Harry'd be back before I had to be there!" I say, shooting out of my chair and shoving all my things in my bag. "I'll see you later, Ron!" I wave to him as I exit the portrait hole and dash over to Umbrige's office. I can hear my heart pumping in my ears as I approach Umbrige's door. I open it slowly, still trying to catch my breath.

"Hello?" I say. Umbrige is seated at her desk, moving pictures of cats on plates are all over bright pink walls. I see Harry standing from a desk and pushing his bag over his head and walking out the door, not saying a word to me. I look behind me as he walks out and Umbrige tells me to come in. "You're 10 minutes late, Ms L/n."

"I know. I guess the time just slipped by me and I didn't notice. Sorry." I say bluntly, putting my bag on the seat. "Well, Ms. L/n, since the time just happened to "slip by you," we should make the most of what little time we have left, hm?" She stands and walks over to me silently. She draws her wand and points it at me, "Since we don't have time to draw this out, might as well make this quick and painful. Hm?" She smiles and giggles a bit as she mutters a spell and silences the room.

"Painful? Professor, what do you mean by-" Before I even get to finish my sentence, I feel excruciating pain everywhere along my body. I scream and scream and obviously no one seems to hear me. I fall on the floor, laying on my back, looking up at her. She stops and I feel a sense of relief wash over my body. "Don't you think that was fun? Why not try it again, let's see if you'll continue talking about the Dark Lord in my classroom, yes?" She asks and before I get to answer, the same excruciating pain starts up again. My hands clutch my head and I scream even louder, making my throat feel scratchy, but that doesn't stop me.

"Please! Stop!" I yell, looking up at her corruptly cheerful smile looking down at me. I feel weak as I lay on the cold stone floor, heavily breathing. "Get out." She says plainly. I stand and lean against the wall, snatching up my bag from the chair. I clutch my abdomen, it still being in pain as I walk, and I slip out of her office. I make my way back to the Common Room, still clutching my stomach and using the walls to prop myself up.

I tell the Fat Lady the password and the door swings open for me. I step in and walk to the Common Room, still using the wall as leverage. "Hey, Y/n, was detention as bad as you thought?" I hear Ron's voice from the same couch he was sitting on before I left. "It wasn't half bad.." I say hoarsley , trying not to worry him. "You sound different, what happened?" He says, walking over to my weak form against the wall.

"Nothing, really. I'm alright." I let go of the wall and try to walk past him, tripping against my own foot and landing on his arm as he caught me. "You don't look alright, Y/n, what'd she do to you?" He asked me again, holding me up by the waist.

"She didn't do anything to me, Ron, I'm just tired-" I hiss in pain and grab his forearm to hold myself up. "I'm fine." I say, looking up at him reassuringly. "I promise." I say as I place my hand on his cheek and smile.