chapter 24

"Mommy..."

The four year old quietly whispered as she shook their mother gently, it being 3 in the morning, barely anyone roaming the streets at this hour.

"Leave me alone brat."

The mother barked back and rolled over, the small human staying in her place despite being told off.

"Mommy 'm scared! T-there's weird noises."

The small human whimpered as tears had already formed in her eyes, only to be shoved against the wall, the impact making her cry out only more. The abuse was daily but the human still yearned for affection from yer mother, they just wanted to be loved like every other child.

"I said leave me alone!"

The woman screamed and the human scurried out of the room crying, her legs only being able to go so fast which resulted in a hairbrush being thrown at him. The human sniffled and rubbed her her head. There was one more person in the house that could comfort her, and she would have an actual chance of getting comfort. The human quietly made her way over to the bedroom and stood there for a second, feeling scared she would be shouted at again but as she heard a noise down the hallway she reached for the doorknob and slowly opened the door, peaking her head through.

"Y-yoonie..?"

The small girl called out quietly as she stood in the doorway, the seven year old hybrid rolling over with a groan and a frown, not that she was used to anything different from the hybrid.

"What?"

The cat frowned deepened as the girl whimpered, the noise getting closer making her step into the room and close the door behind her.

"S-scary.. mo-monsters!"

The human sniffled as she rubbed her hand trough her eye, not caring if it was bad for her eyes. She just wanted the tears to be gone. The hybrid would probably laugh at her anyways for being so weak but his next words surprised her immensely.

"Come here.."

The hybrid mumbled and held up his blanket, the little girl hurrying over as the footsteps got closer to the bedroom she currently stood in. The girl got onto the bed and snuggled closer to her older brother, her hands holding onto his pyjama shirt. Her whole body just relaxing from the warmth and the softness of her brother's pyjamas.

"M sorry Yoonie..."

She mumbled as her eyes fluttered shut, sniffling quietly but going completly quiet when she finally fell asleep. Yoongi didn't like Alyssa one bit, she made his mom leave! And Alyssa knew Yoongi didn't like her but it didn't stop her from trying to form a bond with him. She was the only person beside her mother she tried to interact with. Was it that Yoongi was around a lot? Probably, but he wasn't as scary as her classmates as school. They would laugh at her and push her over. It hurt... but what could she possibly do about it? She was just a stupid human in the end. And as to why Yoongi let her sleep here? Yoongi didn't like being scared either.

The thought of being afraid scared Yoongi for some reason. He didn't know why, but it was just there.

Yoongi looked down at the human that was cuddle up to him and rolled his eyes but wrapped his arms around Alyssa's tiny frame and pulled her closer. It would be good practice for when he was older.

-------

"Yoonie you-"

"Shut up. C'mon guys, let's go to my room before she makes you leave as well."

Yoongi laughed with his friends as the walked past her and Alyssa looked down. Just when she thought her bond with Yoongi was getting better he does this. Was she that bad of a person to be around? Would anyone even care if she went missing? No.. They wouldn't. Her mother definitely wouldn't. Her mother would celebrate the moment an officer would tell her she was missing, she could just imagine it happening.

The scenario reminded her of the time she got lost the only time she was taken to a theme park. She had gotten separated from her parents and Yoongi and had spent the entire day crying while looking for them as the other three had a great day. And when Alyssa found them at the end of the day her mother looked rather angry that she turned back up.

Alyssa sighed and closed the door with a heavy heart before she made  her way over to her room, if you could even call it that. They had just put down a matrass in the broom closet and called it a room instead of giving her the spare room that was now used for whatever the family felt like it.

A couple of clothing items lied on the floor and that was all she had. She didn't have toys or a tv like Yoongi had. She didn't have a cool console to show off to her friends. She didn't even have any friends. She was forced to stop with her education as her parents didn't want to waste any more money on a useless human being who wasn't going to get anywhere in life anyways, why spend your money on something like that when you could also buy a useless new appliance you didn't even need.

Oh well, so much for having a loving family huh? And what was the worst? Alyssa was on the top of her class and just a few weeks more and she would've gotten a scholarship. And a scholarship for a human was incredibly rare. Afterall humans didn't need education. They needed to serve.

Wow I actually managed to put together a chapter owo. No I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I'm going to write another chapter on Alyssa's backstory as I feel I need to add some more flavour to it. And I don't know what to do with the main story. Well I do, but I don't know how to get there. You know what I'm saying. And I do NOT want to rush anything like I'm not little.

I hope you guys enjoyed it ^-^
Stay healthy and safe!

-Gary