Chapter 4: We need to talk.

Things get a bit emotional in this chapter but also kind of fluffy and steamy.

Her eyes slowly opened but then shut when the light coming in through the window disrupted them. She let out a sigh and placed a hand over her face shielding her eyes from the light then slowly lifted herself up. She wiggled her toes; her shoes were gone. In fact, she wasn't even wearing her uniform anymore. The white blouse flew as the wind from the window came rushing in and her shorts were so much easier to move in. She looked around at the familiar sketches she'd placed on her bedroom wall and the little balls of wool hanging out of her bottom drawer.

"You're finally awake." The door opened and she smiled.

"How long was I out?"

Damian shrugged. "Not too long, just around an hour."

She shot out of bed. "An hour! B-But the meeting--"

"You fainted."

Her face fell and she grumbled. How embarrassing! Just what would her coworkers think of her now! Fainting in the middle of a meeting. How could she possibly look any of them in the face again! Maybe it was time to go back to France. She just couldn't even bear to think about the way they would look at her if she went back to Wayne Enterprises. Perhaps she could get a new job in a bouquet! No! Bad Marinette! The Waynes had gone through all that trouble just to get her through the doors so she just had to live with it! She was an adult. Not the clumsy girl she used to be...and yet she still found herself tripping over a stone or two. She sighed and looked back to the man standing in the doorway.

"Aren't you coming in?"

He cleared his throat. "It's your bedroom. I can't just come in."

She burst out laughing. "Well aren't you quite the gentleman! Don't worry! I'm inviting you in!"

He rolled his eyes and stepped in leaving the door wide open.

"So. Are you feeling better?"

She stretched her arms out. "Much. Thank you for--." She paused and looked down again at her clothes then flushed bright red. "D-Did you--my clothes. Were you--" His eyes went wide and he quickly shook his head in protest.

"NO! No no no! Oh Gods no! It was Barbara! She ran out to go get some things."

Marinette chuckled awkwardly and sighed in relief. Actually, now that she thought about it, she wouldn't really mind if he was the one that changed her clothes. She could only imagine him shrugging off her blazer and throwing it to the side and then slowly unbuttoning her shirt and peeling it off her skin. She could imagine how he would slowly trace his fingers down from her neck to her waist and then unzip her skirt and pull it off. She could imagine how he would gently lift her up attempting not to touch her in any way inappropriate and then accidentally touch the sides of her bra as he tried to pull her blouse over her head. She could imagine how he would flush red when he had to pull her shorts up and then carefully zip them up without touching her but then accidentally graze it just a little....or perhaps on purpose. Perhaps he would use changing her as an excuse to run his fingertips along her stomach and down her legs and then place his fingers in her inner thighs and slowly, ever so slowly, pull them higher and higher.

She shook her head. She couldn't do this. She couldn't fantasize about him when he was right there. It was so wrong! She couldn't think about his breath mingled in hers as he kissed her fervently and pushed her onto the bed and climbed on top of her. No! Her thoughts were going too far. She couldn't---she shouldn't!

She cleared her throat wincing at the tiny trace of pain from before still evident and looked at the water in his hands. "If you're not going to drink that then can I?"