Ticklish

Phillip walked into the circus to see the whole troupe (minus Barnum) engrossed in a whispered conversation, the occasional burst of laughter erupting. Curious, he walked over, tapping Anne on the back. She turned, and on seeing Phillip, her face lit up.
    "Phillip's here!" She said, pushing Phillip into the centre of the group. He looked around confused.
    "What's going on?" He asked.
    Lettie flashed him a grin. "We just found out something rather... interesting about our dear ringmaster," a mischievous glint appeared in her eyes. "And you are the perfect person to try it."
    "Try what?"
    The troupe giggled and shoved each other. Eventually Anne spoke.
    "Barnum's ticklish," her face split into a wide smile. "You have to try it Phillip, it'll be hilarious."
    "Yeah, or he'll fire me," Phillip grumbled, but the troupe's enthusiasm was so infectious that he found himself smiling.
    "Come ooooon," Anne sang, "He wouldn't fire you! Just give it a try. Please?" She looked up at him, her eyes wide and pleading.
    Phillip smiled. "Fine. But if I get in trouble, this was your idea!" He pointed at the troupe, backing away to his and Barnum's office.

    Barnum was stacking papers, and he didn't appear to notice when Phillip walked in. His marvellous red coat was hung up on its peg along with his waistcoat, leaving Barnum in a plain white shirt. Perfect, Phillip thought.
    He approached Barnum quietly from behind; a sneak attack was probably his best bet.
    Phillip ran his hands lightly down the sides of Barnum's torso. The taller man yelped, startled, and whipped around.
    Phillip smiled innocently up at him. Barnum scowled.
    "Don't tease me like that, Phillip," he scolded, but there was a light-hearted flicker in his eyes.
    "What, like this?" Phillip asked, stroking Barnum's abdomen with a feather-light touch, making the ringmaster reflexively back away.
    "Now, now Phillip," Barnum sounded nervous. "I don't know what you're playing at, but I'd advise you to stop."
    Phillip just grinned, taking a step forward. Barnum stepped back, tripping and landing on his bottom. Before the ringmaster could get up, Phillip had straddled his waist and pinned his arms above his head with one hand. Barnum looked up, shocked. Phillip let his other hand trickle down from Barnum's wrist, down, down past his elbow to his armpit, then along his side. The ringmaster let out a giggle. A giggle. This adult man full on giggled at Phillip's teasing touch. Phillip snapped. He danced his fingers across Barnum's abdomen, making Barnum arch his back and let out another high-pitched laugh. Phillip wriggled his hands up Barnum's torso, eventually reaching his armpits. The two men made eye contact for a split-second. Phillip smiled as he saw the amused fear in P.T.'s eyes. He didn't hesitate to plough his hands in, tickling and tickling and tickling until Barnum was laughing so, so hard and Phillip couldn't help but laugh too. Barnum didn't try very hard to push Phillip away, and he let the young man have his fun. Eventually, Phillip stopped, and he was laughing so hard he collapsed into fits of giggles on P.T.'s chest.
When he'd regained his wits, he looked up at Barnum, his blue eyes shining happily. Barnum chuckled deeply.
"You're very cute when you giggle," Phillip said.
"And you're quite attractive when you're dominant," Barnum responded, making Phillip blush and look away. "That didn't last long," Barnum snickered, and Phillip scowled good-naturedly at him, giving him one more feather-light tickle before standing up.
"Don't test me Barnum," Phillip whispered. "I know your weakness."
Barnum grinned. "I wouldn't have it any other way, my dear Phillip."