Chapter 29🍡 Mixture of Scents

Edited

Midoriya was in such a daze, swimming in his thoughts. He didn't want to think of the worst scenarios that Katsuki could be going through, wherever he was. But he was sure that once he got the chipper blonde back, he'd hug him close and cuddle him, not letting him go.

    A tap on his shoulder wakes him from his daydream. He looks down and turns to the green haired female, a meek smile on her face. "Hey. Don't worry, we're gonna get him back."

Midoriya looks down at the concrete. "Yeah, I know. I'm trying to not think of anything bad that he might be going through. Uggghh, I'm such an asshole."

Tsuyu cracks a tiny sympathetic smile. "No you're not. We all make mistakes; this is one of them. I know I said something terrible, but I'm actuality–you're a wonderful mate....and Katsuki knows that."

      "Thanks Tsu."

     They look over towards the four gang members in front of them. "We're ready", Mina sings out as she links her arm with Uraraka's. The two walked ahead of everyone. Iida and Todoroki followed right behind them. Tsuyu bumps her shoulder gently against Midoriya's as they sauntered between everyone. The alpha lets out a stuttered sigh and puts an unlit cigarette in his mouth.

    The further they walked from Midoriya's hideout, the more alert they became. They didn't want to be attack under any circumstances. The greenette's sense of smell was heightened in hopes of finding Katsuki's scent. Across from them was the park. There were a few people there. Yet not many people were around. A few people were jogging while mothers had sat on the benches to watch their children play.

     Uraraka taps his shoulder. "At the park. That's where we heard a scream." Midoriya nods and cuts through the group to take the lead. No one said a word as they followed after him. There were a lot of trees, and the community park was a good large size. Katsuki could've been anywhere during the time Uraraka and Tsuyu heard the scream.

     They guessed that he had to be somewhere near the park. Yet they could be wrong, and he was really miles away. "We didn't smell a scent that night", Uraraka calls out. She walks up to him and stays by his side. "But the scream sounded like it came from here."

     "Okay. We need to split up", Midoriya declares. He turns to look at the others, "Iida, Mina, you guys head east. Todoroki and Tsuyu, you guys head over west. Me and Uraraka will go north. If any of you catch his scent, call and let me know but keep following it until the scent is too strong."  Everyone nods in confirmation before heading off to their locations.

     While Uraraka didn't want to lag behind Midoriya, she happened to venture off a little ways away from the green haired man. She walks towards the playground, a couple kids running past her. She didn't understand how they would be able to find Katsuki's scent so easily. It's been almost a whole twenty-four hours, so there might not be any luck.

     And plus, everyone's scent was mixing into the air. That could make things even more troubling. She walked around, getting a couple looks from parents but they ignored her nonetheless. As she was going underneath the slide when a small girl peeked from above the slide, startling her. "Hello lady! What are you doing?"

     "Oh...I'm just looking for something."

     "Is it important?"

     Uraraka nods, "very."

     The child hums, tilting her head a bit. She then smiles. "Maybe I can help! What'd you lose?" She slides down and pushes herself off of the wood-chips. She skips over to the beta with a eager grin. Uraraka knew that the child had no clue she was trying to help a mobster, but she figured it wouldn't hurt. The more noses the better. "It might be a difficult task".

     The blonde crosses her arms and smirks, "I can help! I have good eyes."

     "Hehe, well; this involves your sense of smell." Uraraka boops the girl's nose, making the girl giggle.

     "Okay, so you are looking for a scent? What type?"

      This kid is asking a lot of good questions. "Sweet, almost like candy. Vanilla mixed with caramel."

     "Uraraka, what the hell are you doing?" The brunette turns to Midoriya and grins. "She's gonna help us find Katsuki's scent."

     The alpha scoffs, "she's a kid. She doesn't know what to look for."

      The said little girl puts her hands on her hips and huffs. "I can help! And my name is Mai! Mai Takahashi!" Midoriya groans miserably in the inside, but he did sigh softly. "Fine. But don't go too far, stay by Uraraka." He points to the brunette to let Mai know who she was.

     The blonde nods her head and grabs Uraraka's hand. He shakes his head, a tiny smile on his face. Kids sure are persistent. I wonder what Todoroki's little brat will be like. Midoriya looks around, nose up in the air. He smelt something very faint, but the sweetness was very familiar.

"Kacchan." The scent was fair, there seemed to be a trail of where it was leading to. He walks after it, it lead him near the trees. The sugary scent was there, but three more scents began to overpower and mix with the omegas. There was a red wine and blackberry pheromone. It was a masculine smell, belonging to an alpha. Midoriya had smelt it on Katsuki before. It made his heart pound, that person took him.

      He tried not to get too distracted as he sniffed for the other scents. Another scent smelt of chili peppers and burning skin. It made him grimace until he smelt the last scent the was familiar. It was simple, but not very forgettable. He remembered an old friend smelling like that.

His eyes widen, realization hit him and it made his blood boil. Shigaraki...he had Katsuki. He had his damn omega. Midoriya chuckles darkly, popping his knuckles as his anger let him vividly smell only Katsuki's scent. "Oh you are soo dead you motherfucker~."