old life

"We're cutting you off. We told you we weren't supportive of this and you went off and did it anyways! Don't even think of asking for help or coming home!"

Those were the last words Angel heard before her parents cut all contact with her. They were never supportive of her dream. They told her it wasn't stable enough to last her her whole life. They told her it wasn't a real job. They told her she is throwing away her life.

She knew they weren't going to be there for her. She understood why they worried so much about her. All her elder sisters went into the medicals field, becoming doctors, nurses, and surgeons. But she couldn't handle school as well as they did.

She always had a feeling they weren't going to be apart of her future. Her mom and dad consistently show they disapproval when Angel grew up. They always compared her to her sisters whether it was her grades, attitude, jobs, interest, everything.

Sleep, eat, school, dance, repeat. The same routine went on over and over and over again. Yes, she was only 14, but she was sick off it. Yes, she was good at school. Astounding grades and advanced classes, but it didn't excite her. Dance too. Ballet was her stronghold until it got more and more judgmental. More and more teachers commented about her weight. That's all they ever talked about. Not her dancing or skills. They told her 'Dancers can't have big thighs' or 'I can't focus on your dancing when your stomach is out.' Too many times Angel skipped class just to avoid those comments.

Angel found her escape after all classes were done and she got the studio room for herself. Creating dancer that expressed her feelings just to let it all out. She video taped every single one to remember the dances, hoping one day, one dance carry a happy feeling.

As for her sisters, they were nothing but supportive. They cheered for her. The eldest, Nani, a surgeon, always watched after her. Sending her little gifts, or taking her out on late night trips, just to see her little sister's face light up again. She felt sorry for Angel as she knew it was partially her fault for her parents disapproval of Angel's dream. The second eldest, Aisha, a doctor, always spoiled her sister. She helped her through school, tutoring her when she needed help, or snuck her out of school just to go shopping with her. Aisha was the one sister who encouraged Angel to try dance at a young age. Driving her to dance, buying her new dance wear, anything dance related, Aisha always was involved. The third oldest, Mai, a nurse, was the closest to Angel only being 6 years apart. Mai helped Angel through school, dance, and well, everything. They did dance together, school together, everything together. Mai was her biggest cheerleader. They all were.

When Angel told them about her audition for JYP, they were ecstatic. They told her how proud they were of her, happy she was doing something she finally enjoyed. But once Angel told them of her moving to Seoul in about 2 weeks, they struggled knowing she would be out of their sight. Nonetheless, they help her pack for her new adventure.

2 weeks passed by, and Angel was at the airport with her sisters. It was tearful. Her parents didn't bother to show up. Angel hugged her sisters, not knowing when she would ever visit or see them again.

"You promise me to call me everyday. I will always be here to talk with you. Okay?" Nani said, tearing up.

"How could I not!? I am going to miss you cooking for me so much. I most likely will even call you if I need stuff!" Angel respond, sobbing yet laughing.

"You hit me up if I ever need to go to South Korea, okay? I will be there in a heartbeat!" Aisha said, holding in her tears.

"Bitch please you have a job to worry about! Don't worry about me!" Angel said, slapping Aisha's arm, still crying.

"I am so proud of you, you know? I am so happy you found something you really want to pursue. You go make me proud in Korea, okay?" Mai cried, tears ruining her mascara.

"I will work so hard. I won't let you guys down." Angel whispered, hugged her sisters before her flight was called.

Angel walked off, looking back at her sisters one last time before boarding