showtime baby pt.2

angel arrived at the show bright and early. she had just chugged an iced coffee on her way there and was ready to do anything. her energy was bouncing of the walls.

she sat on the auditorium waiting for more people to arrive.

while waiting, jun and his group came in. angel waved at then and smiled. the boys scoffed and laughed at her. she was a little confused of why they would do that since they come from the same company.

they sat behind her and angel uncomfortable shifted in her seat.

"hey, angel. why is your skin so dark?" one boy asked, laughing.

"I am Filipino so its genetics really." angel said, not wanting to sound rude to the older male.

"you look like you were just barbecued by the sun!" another one said, gaining a laugh from the rest if the group.

angel looked at jun, hoping he would defend her, but he just laughed along. he didnt even look like he regretted it. angel turned around in her seat, waiting and hoping other people would come

minutes pass, and the rest on the trainees came in. kimo found the small girl in her seat, looking down at her feet.

"you okay?" he said.

angel nodded and he sat down next to her. kimo turned around the see the boys behind him laughing. he smiled at them not knowing what happened.

the mentors came out again, in all their glory and fame, and smiled down at the excited trainees.

"good morning trainees! are you ready for your second day?" jimin said into the mic.

the trainees yelled a loud yes. they giggled at their response.

"today we will be separating you into 3 groups. vocal, rap, and dance. for the next week you will rotate into a new group everyday." Haechan explained.

angel felt nervous because she wasn't as vocally strong compared to rapping and dance. yes, she could hit high notes but not as good as spitting straight bars in rapping and dancing.

they called out each trainee's name and told them what group they were in. angel waited til her name was called. kimo's name was called and was put into the vocal group. he waved at angel as he walked over to the section.

angel was one of the last trainees to be called. when it was her turn she was put into the rap group. she sighed in relief and walked over to the spot.

/////✨a lazy time skip✨/////

angel and other trainees were put into another practice room with chan, jisung, changbin, and mark.

the mentors sat at the front like the auditions and explained what would happen.

"today, we will test your freestyle skill. you will have a rap battle with one another and we will decide who won and lost. we will give you a few minutes to brainstorms some ideas." jisung said, looking around the room.

the trainees split off into little groups. sadly, angel didnt know anyone, so she looked around for another person alone. she saw one boy in the corner and walked over to him.

"hi! I am angel!" she said, smiling.

the boy smiled at her. he looked confused but smiled at her.

"do you speak english?" he said, shyly.

"oh yes, I do!" angel said, happily.