showtime baby pt.5

it has been at least two weeks since angel had set foot into the survival show building. it would be her first time since she was injured and forced to stay home and rest, until her back at least healed a little bit.

as for the dances she was in, angel's spot was filled in by other trainees. she was so disappointed and frustrated that she missed one of the most important parts of the show. especially since, nct group dance of "cherry bomb" got a lot of attention from the public.

//

as she walked into the building, angel was greeted by a staff member who quickly ushered her to the main room where the rest of the trainees were.

as they reached the main room, angel opened the door, hoping that no unnessesary attention would be paid to her whatsoever. that would be the last thing she wants right now.

but that is exactly what she got.

as she stepped into the room, all eyes turned to her. all the trainees looked at her, surprised and a little worried.

angel gave them a deep bow before scanning the room for kimo or anthony. she searched the chairs, only to find kimo in the back with no empty chair next to him. anthony also had no vacant seat for her. the only spot left was near jun.

(well crap...)

angel quickly went to sit down next to him. jun noticed her coming closer and nervously cleared his throat.

angel noticed his nervousment and was absolutely bewildered.

"this guy is scared of me. last time I checked, he was a absolute d*ckhead" angel though, sitting down.

after what felt like forever, the mentors came out and greet the trainees.

"great job everyone with the last evaluations." haechan said.

then the whole room went silent when another figure came out from the sides of the stage. the person  had a mask and dark clothing on. the figure stood next to taemin and went to pull his mask down.

when he did, angel covered her mouth on awe.

it was giriboy, one of the judges from show me the money.

the other trainees didnt know who he was though and looked at angel as if she was crazy. giriboy noticed Angel's reaction and chuckled at her reaction.

"this is giriboy, your new rap mentor. he will be taking some of our trainees and taking them to watch 'show me the money 9' and hopefully participate in a battle with the other rappers there." chan said to everyone.

"when you hear your name get called, step up to the front." mark said.

trainees got pulled one by one. some of these trainees angel has never seen before. she didnt know what they were like skill wise or who they were in general.

"and lastly angel. step up" mark concluded.

there stood 7 trainees including angel. they were all taller than her, making her feel more intimidated.

a staff member motioned those trainees to a new room where giriboy would be waiting for them.

once they reached that room, giriboy clapped for them.

"well done guys. you have been specifically chosen to be featured in show me the money. you all have the skill to rap and produce."

angel gleamed from ear to ear, so happy to meet her idol.

"now, I want you guys to prepare some raps, doesnt matter how many, but just some verses. you will be using them in a show off at the set in like 3 hours."

everyone tensed up a bit, even angel. they had to write a couple of raps in 3 hours!?! angel sighed knowing this would be hard to do.

giriboy walked towards the door before turning back around.

"also get to know each other. I'll see you guys later!" he said, specifically winking at angel.

as the door shut behind him, the trainees quickly got to work. they all sat around the room, whether on the couch,  the two desks provided, or just sitting on the floor.

angel decided to sit in the corner with her phone out. she brought a couple snacks with her too, just for fun. she had the noted app on her phone and got working. luckily for angel, she had a couple of random bars just hanging around the notes app.

after a hour and a half, another staff member told them that there was a car for them to take them to the set. angel and the other trainees got up and into the van.

on the way there, angel looked at the boy sitting in front of her. she noticed he was dozing off a bit and wanted to offer him some snacks.

"hey, do you want some food?" she said, tapping his shoulder.

the boy turned around and revealed a handsome face. he was a little tanner than the rest of the trainees and had broad shoulders.

he smiled down at her and nodded.

angel reached in her bag and took out some pocky sticks (biscuit sticks covered in chocolate). she handed him the box with her small hands to which he grabbed it with his huge, and I mean HUGE, hands.

just as angel did handed him that, a cough was heard behind her.

she turned around and saw another boy with pleading eyes. he looked about couple years older than her age, maybe two year ahead of her. he had purple hair and chubby hamster-like cheeks.

"can I have some snacks too? if you dont want to you dont have to tho-"

he was cut off by angel handing him a bag of chips. he giggled and quickly thanked angel for the snacks.

"what's your name, snack provider?" the boy in front of her said, turning so where is back was on the window.

"I am Angel! I am from jyp! what about you guys?" she said, pulling out a banana milk from her bag.

"I am jojo from cube." the sunkissed boy responded

"I am shinwoo, I train at woolim entertainment." the purple hair male spoke.

the trio struck up a long conversation the entire way to the set. they talked about their raps a bit, themselves, and god knows what else.

interesting facts they all like boba. jojo likes chocolate milk tea with 100% sweetness and shinwoo likes winter melon milk tea at 50% sweetness.

as they arrived at the set, angel stood up along with the rest of the 6 trainees. she saw a huge height different between her and jojo. jojo also noticed and chuckled at her

inside the building, she saw many of the contestants walking by her and the other boys. they would scoff at her, look her up and down, or smirk at her.

in the main room where every contestant was and the judges, she felt the uneasy atmosphere. many of the contestants would stare at angel, wondering why this small kids was in a hip hop show.

when the camera crew started to record, giriboy told them all that the trainees were there to participate in a rap battle with them. most of them, threw out a couple "aye" or "ooo" but one guy took a mic and spoke into it.

"what's this little b*tch do? she gonna sing or dance for us?" he said, earning a couple of 'oos' from the contestants.

angel held her tounge and smile at the guy. she knew that soon she would absolutely obliterate this guy to pieces.