The Man In The Mask

Luigi woke up, rubbing his head. He had been doing nothing more than walking down the sidewalk of Toad Town just earlier, before suddenly being knocked unconscious, and, apparently, dragged away. He looked around, not recognizing anything. "Where... am I?" He mumbled.
Then it hit him. He was unconscious, and woke up somewhere unfamiliar. He was taken, by something or someone, that's for sure, but he had no idea who could have done this. Not a single foe he or his brother faced worked this way, especially not in somewhere like this.
It looked like he awoke in a hospital room. The entire room looked incredibly sterile, there were multiple boxes he knew were full of tools, and a couple places where said tools could be placed for convenience, each on wheels. The bed he was on was more like a cot of some odd kind. Mirrors were all over the room. He looked at himself in one of them for a moment, wondering how and why he was in this situation.
The door opened, interrupting his thoughts. He looked over to see someone he guessed was about his age. They wore a dark coat, and he could see a pair of scissors in one of their pockets. Covering their face was a mask. It was coloured black, like a raven's wing, and a vivid, red face was upon it. Luigi didn't know how, perhaps a kind of technology he'd never seen, but the face moved. Its wide, menacing eyes blinked, and its smile widened for a moment.
Luigi began to shake. He had no idea what was going to happen, but he knew it won't end well. The masked man sat next to him, putting an arm around his shoulder. "Hello there," he said calmly, "Now, I can tell you'd like to know where you are and why, now, I cannot tell you the former, but I can tell you the latter..." Luigi winced under the eyes of whoever that it was who was with him. "I have taken you here because, oh, how do I say this, see, I've been wishing to... take somebody in for experiments."
Luigi's heart skipped a beat. "What do you mean, experiments?"
The masked man chuckled, sending fear into Luigi's heart. "I believe you know just what I mean. Look around! Think about it for a moment!"
Luigi did as he said, looking around. His heart sank the more he did. He quickly grew overwhelmed, turning to the man beside him.
"No! Please!"
A finger was pressed against his lips, a silent order to not speak.
"Don't be so worried. Of course, your fear towards my actions is warranted, but I'm not as heartless as you apparently believe,"
He turned, opening one of the boxes. He slowly lifted up a needle, and Luigi was shocked nearly breathless in an instant.
"I'm going to use this to ensure that you stay sound asleep as I work. You're definitely still going to feel pain after it wears off, but it's much better than dealing with every second of it, had you remained awake."
Luigi tried breaking away, but he wouldn't allow it,getting off the bed and forcing Luigi down. He carefully inserted the needle into Luigi's arm and, before injecting its contents, took hold of a knife.
"Now, I know you did wake up a very short time ago, however, I will be beginning my work. So, please be still. It's not like you'll be leaving."