Altering A Living Soul

Luigi awoke screaming in pain. He couldn't see it, but the masked man was quickly closing a seam, and setting his arm down. He grabbed Luigi, pulling him up, and forced something down his throat, with some water. He stuck with him, waiting for Luigi to calm down. Eventually, the pain subsided, and Luigi lifted one arm to wipe away his tears.
Then he saw it.
His arm was covered in patches of white and brown fur, his sleeve having been cut away. What appeared to be a paw pad was sewn where his palm was, and his thumb was missing. He began to breathe heavily. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. A gloved hand lightly touched where his thumb used to be.
"I'll give you a new one next time. Promise."
Luigi looked into the eyes of the mask. He tried to compose himself, but he knew he really couldn't.
"Well, I'll be showing you to your room now, since it appears that you're feeling better."
He took Luigi's unedited arm, and led him out the door. The hallway was stunningly darker, the contrast sending a chill down his spine. He looked around, afraid, but as much as he didn't like it, Luigi followed behind him.
Eventually, they reached the room the masked man had reserved for him. It was surprisingly nice, with a small vanity, a bookshelf, and a bed. The bed in question caught Luigi off guard, however. It was more of a human-sized dog bed than a bed actually made for humans. He wasn't sure why, but he didn't ask, for fear that he would be given more information of the experiments that were planned to be used upon him.
"It's not much, but I believe it's about all that you need. Now, see, I have been working on a way for you to communicate with your brother. Now, yes, what I'm doing to you is quite awful, in the eyes of most, anyway,  but I'm not completely terrible, if I do say so myself. Sure, neither of you will be able to see each other in person again, but I felt like it would be too much on you both if you never saw each other again at all. It's not complete, but I'll put it in that empty spot in your room, right over in that corner, once it is." He said. Luigi put a hand over his heart, but quickly lowered it once he realised. His captor was surprisingly kind. Now he felt conflicted about this man.
He sighed, "Well, Luigi, that will be all from me for now. Until next time," he headed for the door, turning right before he left, "Oh, and I forgot to introduce myself. The name's Doctor Oleander. Or just Oleander, either way, its still me."
Luigi stared at the door for a moment. He looked around. There were no windows, probably so he couldn't look out and infer where he was. Clever move. He sighed, looking at his arm through his reflection on the vanity's mirror. He was beginning to get an idea of what Oleander wanted to do with him, but he didn't want to think about that. He was scared, he was abducted by someone he's never even heard of, who began stitching him into something else within minutes of meeting him.
He sighed heavily, feeling defeated. He knew there was no way he could get out of here. He closed his eyes for a short moment, trying to avoid bursting into sobs, as he dragged himself to the bed set for him, falling on it without bothering to move beneath the covers, and closed his eyes.