Now, Where Could They Possibly Be?

Luigi laid in bed, on his back. He awoke just twenty minutes ago, but he didn't know that. He was incredibly spaced out, yearning to be able to leave. How would he be able to do that, though? He will have to plot that when he has more information to work with, but will he ever get that? He rolled over, looking at what used to be his hands, but now were paws. He couldn't imagine the kind of creature he was being transformed into. He scowled. He hoped that by the end of it all, he wouldn't change an awful lot. That wasn't something that Luigi could simply predict, but he could hope...
Right?
He sighed, tensing his arms, and flinched, for from his digits sprouted sleek, sharp claws. They didn't look like they were intended to hold onto something, but like they were to rip and tear flesh. He shook, the claws returning to their sheaths. He covered his head, and shut his eyes. He took deep breaths, trying to calm down, but to no avail.
Eventually, he fell asleep.
His dreams held nothing better, he was trapped in a metal, boxlike area. It reminded him of the pipes he used to travel through, but he knew that was not what they were. He bowed his head and began to crawl around, choosing turns and looking for a potential exit. He stopped for a moment, and he heard something. Something like fan blades.
Uh oh.
He kept on moving, but for some reason, it felt like he was drifting towards the noise. He winced, trying to get away, but it still was like he was getting closer, and closer. He heard something else too. Laughter, and familiar voices. He got a bit excited, trying to find where they were.
"Guys?! Are you here? Hey!!"
He called, trying to get their attention. It sounded like they couldn't hear them. He kept moving. He had to find them. He just had to! He couldn't stop grinning, but he didn't know why. He began to tire from all the crawling, but he didn't mind! Not at all! He still had energy to use, and by God, he was going to! They were here somewhere!
Eventually, however, his fatigue was catching up to him. He eventually collapsed within the cramped, metal hallway. Fan blades whirred, voices chatted. He felt defeated, like he let them down, but then he heard something. He recognized this voice, but it has been so long since he heard it that he didn't know who's voice it was,
"Follow me...
Follow me...
I have something to show you...
But the truth is hard to swallow..."