Chapter 1

The dining room was filled with laughter and hushed noises. It was evening already ,but it was not dinner time yet.

Weird

As I started going towards the source of the noise, there was a sudden silence which was not there few moments ago.

Something is definitely not right.

The moment I opened the door a gasp escaped my mouth. I was shocked to see what was infront of me.
Suddenly, two pair of big eyes were looking at me with cream on there faces and around their mouths.

"What are you both doing?" I asked.

They started giggling.

Yes very funny!

I gave them a pointed look.
"We were hungry Crisy and thought we could eat something" replied one of them with a little sadness.

Oh just don't cry.

"Oh! But the cake was for dinner. You should have called somebody to make something for you two" I said while pointing at the mess they made.

"Sowey Crisy" one of them replied, smiling at me and showing a smile with a missing incisor.

That was all for me to melt. Oh these kids.

"Oh don't worry, I'll tell somebody to clean this mess. But next time call me if you both want anything to eat. Okay? Now go" I said.

"Yes Crisy" they replied happily and ran away.

At this time nobody was at the community house.

Why not clean it myself.

I started cleaning the mess these kids made and after some minutes I was done.

Why not make a new cake.

I started making a new cake and I hope it will be ready before dinner time.

I live in a community house with around 5 families. Only members of high ranks live here. We humans have Leaders, who are the top rank of a community, followed by second command and third command.

Others have homes made near the community house for privacy and safety.

My father was The Leader. When I was at around 12 years of age, my father was killed by werewolves and my mother took her own life to protect herself from werewolves.

His second command, Henry ,was made the Leader and his family has taken care of me since then.

He has a son, Austin who will be taking the role of leader tomorrow.

Austin, my best friend, my love and my future.

Austin has been with me since childhood. His mother died while giving birth to him ,so my mother used to take care of him as well. My father used to train him and teach him ways in which he can help our community.

In our system, females are not allowed to train. They are supposed to take care of their homes, kids and please their husbands.

Females are an easy target for werewolves after all. So training them and sending them to wars means gifting them to werewolves.

But Austin has taught me how to use a blade for protection. He believes that we are equals in this system and loves me for what I am. He loves and respects me.

We will get married after he has taken the Leader role and that thought makes me really happy.

"Why are you smiling Cristal?" came a voice from behind me. Till now I had no idea that I was smiling.

I turn around to see Frank standing there and smiling at me. Frank is Austin's bestfriend and  the future second command. He is my friend as well and loves me like his own sister.

"Oh nothing ....just...." I reply not knowing what to say and turn again. I'm finished with making the cake so now I place it at the center of the dining table.

"Jussttt...thinking about Austin?" Frank continues giving me a teasing smile.

"Noo" I reply quickly to which Frank starts laughing.

"You know, you cannot lie and now you are red like a tomato Cristal" he says still laughing.

Aargh

A smile comes to my face and I ask          "Where is he?"

Suddenly my eyes are covered with warm hands. I feel a presence behind me and a whisper near my right ear
"I'm here".

I slowly remove the hands and turn around to see Austin. I look around to see that Frank is gone by now and it's only me and Austin with his arms around my waist.

I place my own arms around his neck and I slowly place a peck on his lips asking him " How was the day?"

"It was fine..... preparations for tomorrow's events are going on in full swing, security at the community borders has been increased, I am tired and hungry and I missed you" he replied giving me a peck.

"I missed you too" I said looking at him.

Austin is a handsome man. He is about 6'0 and has slighly muscular body. He has light brown eyes which look like pools of honey in sunlight. His hair are dark brown and he has a fair complexion.

Whereas I'm 5'3 with black hair and dark brown eyes. My complexion is fair . I'm not very thin but am alright.

Right now he is wearing his casual clothes but he still looks hot.

How did I get him.
How did I get so lucky?

"You done staring at me baby?" He asked smiling.

"Nope" I replied still looking into his eyes.

"Stop it baby , otherwise I'll end up doing what we are supposed to do after our marrige. We have waited for so long ......we can wait for a week" he whispered in a low tone which caused goosebumps to rise on my body.

"A week?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows. Then I looked at him with wide eyes when I realised what he is talking about.

"After tomorrow's ceremony I'll be a leader and I would be expected to marry as soon as possible......The elders suggested me to marry next week if I am with someone.....-" He paused for a few seconds and continued"-I love you baby......we have been together for so long now ....so will you marry me?" He asked me with so much love in his eyes that I started tearing up.

" You don't have to give me a child very soon , if that is what you are worried about.......whenever you are ready......we will take things slow if that is what you want -"  he stared blabbering "- or you don't want to marry me?" He asked with confusion and sadness on his face.

"I'll marry you Austin" I replied hugging him tightly. He returned my gesture and asked "then why are you crying baby?"

"It's just that...... I'm really happy" I said now smiling.

Smiling and crying......how stupid I'll be looking right now.

Austin gave me a smile and hugged me tightly kissing my forehead saying " I love you Cristal....I love you so much"

" I love you too Austin" I replied back putting the side of my face on his chest.

In a week I'll be his and he'll be mine. What can go wrong. Right?

~~~~~~~~~
So the first chapter is up.
Please Vote and Comment.
Please follow me 🙏