Chapter 5

After returning back from the ceremony I changed in more comfortable clothes and wanted to sleep.

But even after laying down on the bed for hours , I could not sleep.

I was anxious for today. There was this feeling that told me something was wrong. That something bad is going to happen.

Maybe I'm worried for Austin's safety, maybe I'm worried about the safety of the community or maybe I'm anxious about leading the community.

Will we be alright after today? After all we are messing with THE ALPHA.
Will I be a good leader?
Will I do a good job?
Will people trust me, respect me?

There were so many questions in my head and now this feeling ,of something could go wrong had me confused.

After tossing, turning and thinking on my bed for some time I looked at the clock. It was 5:00 pm already.

What?

I quickly went to the bathroom, washed my face and changed into a dress.

After all I'm going to be a female Leader, I have to dress formally. I combed my hair and decided to let it remain open .

I was done in a few minutes so now I started my journey towards the 'safe room'.

On reaching the safe room , I went and sat on one of the chairs while waiting for everyone.

Suddenly, a guard came inside the room greeting me and giving me a letter and small box.

"This was given by Leader Austin for you" he said giving me the content.

"Thank you" I replied after which he left me and went outside.

I opened the folded paper and started reading it.

Dear Cristal,
I know we are getting married soon, but I have not proposed you properly till now.
I can't even start to describe how happy I am right now just thinking about you being in my life and our future.
I don't know what will happen today but I promise you, I'll be back without a scratch.
I love you baby and I am sending you this Ring as my promise of our future, together. Please wear it for now and for our wedding I'll get you a ring bigger than this.

Love you,
Austin.

By the end of the letter I had tears in my eyes. I opened the box to reveal a beautiful silver ring with a medium sized round amethyst gemstone in the center, which was surrounded by small diamonds.

I love you too Austin.

I took the ring out of the box and tried wearing it on my ring finger. But the ring was loose.

It's just a promise ring, I'll wear it on some other finger.

Then I wore the ring on my index finger and it was a perfect fit.

After a while the room started filling and everyone started greeting me. Lara came and sat besides me and said " Hey Crisy! What's up?"

I showed her my ring by bringing up my hand near my face and signalled her to be quiet"ssshhhh"

I don't want any extra attention right now.

She looked at it with her mouth wide open, then closed her mouth with confusion on her face and asked  "Why are you wearing it on your index finger?"

"It's just a promise ring, plus it did not fit on my ring finger" I replied her shrugging my shoulders.

We were talking and discussing random things about the betterment of the community and people when I told Lara about what is the first thing I would do as a Leader.