Chapter 7

My sleep abruptly ended with loud noises of crashing , yelling and shouting, which was coming from outside.

I looked at my table clock which showed that it was 3 in the morning.

What the hell is going on at this hour!?

I quickly jumped out of my bed, placed my blade in my pocked and started going towards the main hall of the community home.

It was a total chaos here. Some females were crying and some were holding on to there crying kids assuring them that everything was fine.

Around 10 guards were there for our protection. I told one of  them to go and check the Safe Room so that we can shift all the females and kids there.

I  saw some movement from my peripheral vision and saw Kane bringing Lara to the crowd.

I went to him and asked confused "What's going on?"

He had a grim expression on his face when he replied releasing a deep breath "The Alpha of The Dark Fellows has attacked with few of his warriors".

I gasped and looked at Lara who had a tensed look on her face.

She should not experience anxiety at this moment , I  thought.

I gave her a reassuring hug and asked Kane "Where is Austin?"

"He's out fighting  with some warriors, I have to go Cristal, please take care of Lara and yourself"  he replied kissing Lara on her forehead and murmuring something in her ear.

She gave him a gentle smile and he left. I took one of her hands in my hand and started dragging her slowly towards the crowd.

One of the guards approached me and said " Madam the safe room is ready"

I gave him a nod and said "escort every female and children to the room. I want at least 5 guards posted there while 5 of you escort everyone-" I looked at Lara and continued "- please safely escort Third female first. I'll be the last one to enter the room after every one is inside".

"Yes madam"  replied the guard and was now looking at Lara to start walking towards the safe room.

Lara looked at me with furrowed eyebrows ,when I said "I'll be there shortly, now go, we don't have time for this"

She nodded and started walking.
I was looking at the crowd, when I saw at a distance, a group of females arguing with the guard while crying.

Oh this is not the time.

I made my way there and asked  "what wrong?" While looking between the guard and the females.

The guard was about to reply when one of the ladies started saying "Madam, we cannot find our kids, how can we go inside while knowing they are out in danger?".

"How can you not find them?"  I asked with wide eyes and a little irritation and continued looking at the guard "how many of them are missing?"

"6 of them Madam" he replied.

I looked at the females who were crying and now begging me to save their children.

I pinched the bridge of my nose and said "all of you, go inside the safe room, I'll go find those kids and bring them, nothing will happen to them I promise".

They were hesitant for a while but then gave me a nod, some of them rubbing the tear stained faces.

I looked at the guards and continued "one of you will come with me and I want 9 guards posted here"