Chapter 8

What the hell just happened ? One minute there was so much going on and the next there is nothing. Only me  blinking and standing like a fool.

I composed myself and looked towards the community home.

Maybe the kids ran inside or some guards rescued them.

It was starting to get bright and I knew it was the time around sunrise. I ran back to the pack house praying that maybe my hope is right.

I ran past the main door and spotted a guard and asked him while breathing heavily "Are those kids back? Did they show up?".

"No Madam, nobody entered the home after you left" he replied.

Then the guard, who went with me came running back and said "Madam, I saw some people covered in masks taking some kids with them at a distance from our border. The kids were crying so I thought they were those missing kids. I tried stopping them but before I could reach them they were gone"

"What!!" I was looking at him with my eyes wide.

So that all really happened.

I saw the safe room and thought what will I tell those females. How will I console them. I did not even realise, when I reached the room and a guard opened the door.

"Madam, where are our kids?" One of the mothers asked me teary eyed.

I took a a deep breath and replied "Some masked men have abducted the children, a guard saw them near our border but before he could reach them, they disappeared".

I was looking at all of them. They we praying, crying, shouting, cursing the abductors. Then one of them said holding my shoulders and looking at me "But you said you will bring them back, safe........you promised us!"

The pain in that voice broke me as well. I looked at all the mothers with the same question mirroring their faces.

I carefully took her hands and placed them in mine and said "And I won't break my promise. I will bring back your children, safe, even if I have to give up my own life"

"Cristal!" I looked at the direction of the voice and saw a worried looking Austin standing there.

"Do you all trust me?" I continued, looking at the mothers.

"I trust you ,Madam" replied the one standing in front of me giving me a tight smile while the others just gave me their nods. I saw hope in their eyes, that their children will return safe. I gave them a tight smile as well.

"All of you are safe to go back to your homes, the trouble is over". Austin said,commanding everyone. He grabbed my hand and started dragging me towards his office. I saw Kane and Lara leaving.

Once we reached his office, he closed the door, while I sat at a couch placed near a window. He came and sat besides me and looked at my face. His eyes suddenly stopped on my left cheek and he grabbed my face to look closely.

I was confused when suddenly he asked in anger "Who did this? What happened Cristal?".

Woah! There is a mark! Great!  I thought sarcastically.

I slowly removed his hands from my face and held them to calm him a little bit, but he was waiting for my answer in with those angry expressions.

I told him about every single thing that happened. The missing kids, the search, my assaultors, the 'tall man' and his gang, their dissappearence. Everything.

By the end of it Austin was all red and shaking, he was fuming with anger.

He was pissed when and shouted "I'll kill those motherfuckers". He started dialing his mobile and told somebody to get rid of those bodies.