Chapter 2

After Austin and my little conversation we went and sat at the dinning table and started waiting for everyone in the dining hall while chatting about random stuff .

Austin sat at the right side of the main head chair and I sat besides him on his right.

The head chair is reserved for the Leader, the second and third commands sit at his left side with their better halves.

If the spouse of the leader is alive she sits at the right side but if not ,the future Leader sits at the right with their future spouse. Right now which is me and Austin.

After a few minutes the dining hall started filling. There were noises of chair scratching talking, laughing and running.

I looked around the hall to see small kids running in the dining room playing catch.

I had a small smile on my face while looking at them and remembering my childhood.

Kids.

Me and Austin used to be like them. Always together, playing, laughing and running in the dining hall until my mother used to catch one of us and then feed us properly.

I miss you Mom and Dad.

"You should not be running like that kids......go eat your dinner first......so that you have energy" said Henry smiling at the children while he was coming towards his chair.

" Yes Leader" the kids replied and went to their respective chairs.

Henry came to the table and took His seat.
"Good evening Leader" we all said in unison.

" Good evening everyone, I hope everything is fine" he said cheerfully.

He is a good old man who is always cheerful. He is a Leader but does not act like the serious kind at all. He makes and laughs on his own jokes and pulls 'pranks' on us all.

But when it comes to the welfare of the community, nobody can be more scary than him.

As soon as he sat down on his chair ,the maids started bringing the dinner.

"You look happy today father" said Austin giving him a small smile.

"Oh! son, I'm always happy but I'll be free from this work from tomorrow .....finally ! And you my son ....you will be our new leader..... I'm proud of you.....so yes I'm very happy" he replied happily while patting on Austin's shoulder.

Everybody started laughing at this.
"Thanks dad" Austin replied smiling widely.

"You will be the perfect leader Austin....trust me" said second command Benjamin with a proud face.

"Oh and Frank will be a very good second command, Benjamin......when are you retiring my old fella?" Asked Henry teasing him.

"On his birthday ,which is 3 months away" replied Benjamin rolling his eyes in the process.

Henry and Benjamin have been best friends for years just like Austin and Frank.

"So how are you today Cristal?" Asked Henry looking towards me.

"I'm good Leader" I replied giving him a small smile.

"Oh no honey......call me dad... You are my daughter. Plus you are getting married in a week with this brat." he said while wavying his one hand in the air and then pointing towards Austin.

"Okay dad" I replied smiling.

I started drinking water when Henry continued "Good, now get married, and give me some grandkids soon.. I'm not getting any young"