4. A Raise

As the days went by, Doyoung also got closer with Taeil. He found out that Taeil's parents had died during traveling to someplace they were going for work. And that Taeil had a younger brother, whom he had to take care of, alone, for the past many years. Doyoung was surprised at how Taeil could still smile like an angel, even after the bad events that took place in his life. And he could always feel his heart beat when Taeil showed his angelic smile.

"Mr.Kim? What are you doing here sir?" The man said, as he removed his glasses and put down the book he was reading.

"Gosh Taeyong, how many times do I have to tell you?!! Stop with the formalities!" Doyoung said, as he rolled his eyes at the latter.

"Sorry, sorry. I just enjoy annoying you, you know?" Taeyong said as he laughed. He then got off his chair and went to give his friend a hug.

"So? How have things been, the whole babysitting problem? Did Taeil agree?" Taeyong asked, as both of them sat down.

"About that. Taeil agreed to babysit, and he is amazing, I tell you. Areum has never been such a good child before" Doyoung said, flashing his gummy smile.

"I'm glad you've calmed down now. I can no longer see those dark circles under your eyes" Taeyong said, smiling.

"Yea. Taeil has helped a lot around the house. He even cooks food for us sometimes. It's better than what our cook makes" Doyoung said, as he sighed. "But yea, he's a big help. Especially with Areum".

"Good. Just don't pressurise him too much as he already works in other places" Taeyong said.

"Wait, what?!? How many other places?" Doyoung asked, a bit worried.

"Oh I don't know, about three?" Taeyong said. "I'm not sure... he always changes jobs every month"

'Oh my god...Taeil works so much? Is it because of his parents...?' Doyoung thought.

*After some time*

"Well, I'm going to leave for work now Taeyong. Have a nice day" Doyoung said as he left.

"Hi Taeil. How was your day?" Doyoung said, as he placed his bag on the chair next to him. He sat down and watched Taeil remove food for Doyoung to eat, smiling. He always made Doyoung happy, for some reason.

"Hey. My day went well. And because you were late, I already put Areum to bed" Taeil said as he placed a plate full of food in front of Doyoung.

"Thanks. Hey I wanted to ask you something" Doyoung said to Taeil.

"Whats wrong?" Taeil asked.

"As you come over to our house almost everyday, and cook for us...I was thinking to give you a raise..?"Doyoung said, nervously.

"Really?! Wow...That's so nice of you!" Taeil said, as his face brightened and his shoulders relaxed a bit. Doyoung just smiled at the sight. Seeing Taeil happy made him happy. "But are you sure...?"

"Yes! Defiantly!" Doyoung said, smiling .

That night all Doyoung could think of was Taeil. 

'Why does he make me so happy?'
'Why is he so cutee~'
'Gosh, whats wrong with me...'