21. Confused

hey guys! im soooo sorry i havent uploaded in a while... i just had a lot going at home mentally and i could not think of anything to write. hope you like this update, i tried my best to make it enjoyable!! <3 thank you for sticking with meee <333
______________________ºº______________________

"Heyy!!" Taeil squeezes, as he engulfed Areum in a big hug. "I missed you!"

"I missed you too papa!~" Areum said, pouting. Taeil laughed, kissing the younger's cheeks. 

"Hey what about my kiss? You didn't miss me??" Doyoung asked Taeil, pointing at his own cheeks. Taeil blushed, and laughed, acting as if it was a joke. He quickly picked up Areum and went to the living room to watch TV with her. Doyoung pouted, and followed the pair. 

"Papa, you know! I won the spelling test in my class!" Areum boasted. Taeil smiled proudly, high fiving the little girl. Areum used to be few of the children who needed help with their spelling, but since Taeil had helped her, she was now the top of her class. Taeil was more than proud of Areum.

"I'm glad" Taeil said, wiping fake tears, making Areum laugh. He then hugged the young girl, her giggles being quieten as her face was buried in his shoulder. Doyoung walked into them hugging, and softly smiled. He loved to see his daughter get along with Taeil. Looking at the two of them made his heart soft. 

"Oh, guys I forgot to tell you, as I've been taking too many holidays, because of this little devil here" Doyoung said, tickling  Areum's stomach. "My secretary will be coming over to get some work done at home. Don't mind me and her. You two have fun"

Doyoung finished, and placed a bowl full of snacks on the table. Areum happily reached out to grab some, stuffing her face with delicious treats. Taeil warned her with his eyes not to eat too fast, and the little girl just smiled in return. 

The doorbell interrupted Areum from eating more of those snacks. Taeil watched Doyoung quickly rush to the door, and heard a high pitch voice greet him. A young woman followed behind Doyoung into the living room, and the two on the sofa stared at her in awe. She had straight long black hair, tied up in a high pony, which swayed along with her movement. She stopped in front of the couch, bending down to greet the two. 

"Hello, my name is Ara. It's nice to finally meet you two" Ara said, smiling. Her eyes turned into a thin line, making her look even prettier. Taeil smiled back, bowing his head slightly. 

"Hi, my name is Tae-"

"I know. I've heard a lot about you from Doyoung" Ara said, looking at Doyoung who was trying to hide behind a little girl.

"No need to say that geez..." Doyoung replied, once again hiding his face behind Areum's small back. Taeil laughed, and Areum went on to introduce herself, once again. Ara and Areum had met multiple times, but just for fun Areum did it again. Ara laughed, and stopped suddenly to got a small bar of chocolate out her pocket. She then handed it to Areum, who gladly took it. 

"Oh, you didn't have to" Doyoung said, but Ara just shook her head.  Doyoung then got up, meaning he would leave to do work. 

"Wait!!" Areum said, and held onto her fathers hand, pulling him back down. The three looked at her with confusion, but Areum just giggled, and quickly unwrapped her chocolate. She broke it into four parts, handing the other three to the adults in the room. Doyoung looked Areum as she passed on the candy to Ara, eyes filled with love. He was proud of his daughter. 

"Thank you angel" Taeil said, pecking Areum on the cheek when she gave him his part of the sweet treat. Doyoung and Ara then left Taeil and Areum on the couch, and headed to Doyoung's study. Taeil nervously watched them leave, an uneasy feeling developing on the pit of his stomach. 

"What are you thinking papa?" Areum asked, tapping Taeil's forehead. Taeil smiled and shook his head. 

"Nothing! Now, let's start watching the movie, shall we?" Taeil asked, and Areum quickly positioned herself into a comfertable spot. Taeil grabbed a pillow, placing it over his tummy, which was still filled with the unpleasant feeling. He was confused, as he'd never felt this way before. But he chose to ignore it and try to enjoy the bunch vampires displayed on the screen. 

After going through almost 3 movies, and 4 bowls of popcorn, Areum finally fell asleep. Taeil, blinked his eyes rapidly, as they were tired after watching so many childish movies. Sure, he loved them, but binge-watching was not fun. 

Taeil slowly lifted Areum, as he tried not to wake the girl up. He then headed for the little girl's room, and placed her on the bed. She was already in her night wear as she knew she'd fall asleep while watching movies. He tucked her in, and turned off the lights. While going back down, Taeil yawned, him sleepy too. Watching Areum sleep made him was to go drown in the depths of his bed too. 

He then remembered that Doyoung had not had dinner, and gasped. Taeil rushed back to the kitchen, and turned on the lights. He quickly grabbed a plate, and put food on it. He had made simple pasta, with red sauce. Taeil walked to Doyoung's study, and knocked. When he got no respond, he tried again. Taeil tilted his towards the door, confused as to why Doyoung was not opening the door. 

"Doyoung..?" Taeil said out loud this time, hoping Doyoung would hear him and open the door. "Doyoung"

Worried about the two inside, he took the risk to creek the door open slowly. When he did, he smiled softly at the sight in front of him. There were Doyoung and Ara, both sleeping on the table. Taeil decided to, once again, leave Doyoung a note. He placed the plate on a spare table, and grabbed a piece of paper. He scribbled down a little message, and kept it near Doyoung. Sure, he also took a moment to look at how handsome the younger looked even while sleeping. When realising what he was doing was creepy, he took the plate and left the room. Taeil put down the plate on the counter, which he mentioned on his note to Doyoung he would. While yawning once again, he grabbed his bag and left the quiet house.