ⅠⅠ; ⅠⅠ

Last Published: Oct 19, 2020
Edited: Nov 10, 2020
Words: 1725
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

People tend to break the rules. Rules that protect people. Rules that people pretend don't exist, when in reality, they do.

Here are the rules these newcomers broke. Especially when it comes to goblins.

The quest was simple.

To kill some goblins that have attacked a village and stole supplies and livestock. They, too, stole a few females.

The man was pretty cocky, and it made the young Priestess think she would be safe with them if his gang and himself were not frightened.

However, Guild Girl was not so convinced since they too were porcelain-ranked. But, they were insistent that everything would be alright.

Rule #1: Never go into a goblin cave if you are porcelain-ranked ONLY. You should never get into the home of a horde of goblins that breed, feed and strengthen; you should always bring along a higher rank.

The blonde female knew something was off, as Guild Girl stared at the three in concern.

Unfortunately, that was a few hours ago. The young Priestess can no longer turn back, and there she was, landed with the rest, at the cave entrance.

It was pitch dark, damp and hot. The blondie could feel the heat radiating off when it was supposed to be cold. The entrance was littered with trees around them and vines, with moss, travelling down in the caves.

The entrance also had a stick that held the skull of an animal. Its bones, with teeth created as a necklace for the broken ones that came off. It had ripped fabric that was held in place with string all in one.

Rule #2: If you encounter one of these structures. Do not proceed to go into without specific spells and knowledge on the creation. It could lead you to your greatest doom.

The boy looked at it in confusion before turning around to smirk, pretending he knew what he was doing. However, our lovely Priestess was not convinced. She had a terrible feeling. Taking a deep breath, she followed the rest.

"Um... Are you sure we should suddenly barge in here?" She was thinking wisely, she told them they should go back and prepare a bit more, but no one listened.

The Wizard gave her a small scold, and the boy just seemed to only insult the goblins saying he even managed to chase away some that came to his village, so he thought he was all mighty.

Rule #3: The walls have ears. They know where you are, what you smell like, what you sound like; they know all. Hide, protect yourself, do not believe you are superior to them.

As he continued to brag with his sword out, they all began to go deeper into the cave. Even when the man's sword hit the top of the cave, even when the long-haired ponytail tried to convince her, she'd protect them all. She still had a terrible feeling in her stomach.

If only they listened to her.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The fight was on.

Rule #4: Look in every corner of the cave. Do not leave a spot untouched. It would be your greatest ally.

Rule #5: Do not split up. You do not know how many goblins there could be. Do not split up if you are porcelain-ranked.

They missed all the signs.