ⅠⅠⅠ; Ⅰ

Last Published: Oct 19, 2020
Edited: Nov 10, 2020
Words: 1085
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

A soft wind brushed along the meadows of a village. It soothed the land and caressed the earth's skins, butterflies gently rested upon the white flowers, matching its colours and there a little girl's voice spoke.

"I'm gonna go to the city!" She exclaimed in wonder. She and a boy with white hair sat upon a fence that stood around the village. The little girl herself had red hair, and together with the boy, silently listened to her rambling.

"I'm gonna go to my uncle's farm and help one of the cows give birth." - "I'm going all by myself, too!"

The boy soon started to tap his feet against the fence, a sign of annoyance. It wasn't that he didn't enjoy her ramble. It was the fact she had left him entirely out that made him hurt.

"And once, I'm done helping," The girl leaned forward, her eyes sparkling at the thought, oblivious to the boy's sadness.

"I can go shopping in the city. My mom gave me some money."

The tapping of his shoe got more frantic while she looked out to the meadows before her and sighed.

"I wonder what I should buy." - "Is there anything you want? I'll buy you something."

"No." His answer swiftly, making her realize how stiff his voice came to the topic.

Trying to smile at the boy, who clenched his teeth angrily, she spoke, "There must be something. I mean-"

"I told you, I don't want anything." He interrupted her, jumping off the fence, fist now clenched too.

"Why do you have to say it like that?" Her temper, too, rising.

"I just want to buy you something since you've never been to the city..." Her rose-coloured eyes glaring down at him.

"Shut up! Just go to the city or wherever!" He started glaring back at her—his actions causing the girl to jump off the fence too and get in his face.

"Why are you getting mad!?"

"I'm not mad!" He bantered at her.

"Yes, you are!"

Before another could make a snarky remark, a female, around the age of 20, wearing a long white and green dress with an apron and hair in a side ponytail draped over her shoulder, stood behind them.

"Now, now." Her stern voice caused their anger to lessen as they jumped at the sight of her.

"Sis..." The little boy spoke in shock as she only smiled at him and the girl. She could tell he was envious that his friend could go on the trip but he couldn't. He always wanted to see the city with his own eyes.

"You shouldn't be fighting." Her sad eyes made him express a lie that they weren't fighting, hoping to get the short red hair to agree with him; luckily, she did, but with confusion.

The boy's sister was a teacher. She knew when he was lying too and getting down to a half-squat, she softly questioned him what happened.

However, he wouldn't budge, making not only his sister look at him sadly, but his only friend too.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

At the entrance of the village, a wagon came along to pick up the little girl. It was finally time to send her to the city. Her family placed the girl inside the wagon, kissing her before she turned to the uncle.