ⅠⅠ; ⅠⅤ

Last Published: Oct 19, 2020
Edited: Nov 10, 2020
Words: 3069
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Get used to the smell of blood."

His responses more sharply as Guardian wasn't by his side, taking care of the girl they rescued.

"All right..." Her face was sunken at the feeling while you gently pat her back.

Not showing a lot of affection, he enjoys the feeling of you by his side, clothing brushing against each other and hands too.

He understands why you went behind him with the female, but there are points he wishes he'd just left the girl so he could have you all to himself.

Arriving back to the second structure they had found, the ground was littered with a few goblins the duo had slain, trying to find the group.

"Eight, nine..." His eyes shifted behind the helmet. The blonde girl peeked behind him, slowly shuffling closer to you.

Scanning the area, she noticed something that made her trip. Catching her, you tried to ask her if she was alright, yet, she quickly pushed you away and began to vomit.

Concerned, you rubbed her back gently and pulled her hair back. Making sure she wouldn't get anything in her hair.

Looking ahead, you found out why. There laid a sword, a sword way too long for a cave designed for small monsters. But, the most gruesome thing for the little girl was the severed arm. The dead limb belonging to one of her friends, with the way she reacted.

"That sword..." You glanced at your fiancée.

Picking up the sword, he began to inspect it before turning to you."This is too long to swing around in this cave."

"How did this happen?" Getting up slowly with your help, Goblin Slayer placed down his torch down to swap his weapon. Taking the lone sword, he set the warrior's weapon into his place holder.

"Were you attacked by a horde from behind?""Huh?"Walking ahead, you picked up the torch. "Look here..." Gathering their attention, you held the flare higher, revealing to the Priestess a secret entrance.

She gasped, "But... when we went through..."

"In a dark cave, if all you have is a torch, you wouldn't notice the shadows along the cave walls," Goblin spoke, showing another entrance when he took the torch back.

Gently placing your hands on her shoulder, you turn her direction towards the structure.

Unlike the first one she encountered in the front entrance, this one involved jewelry, and the clothing was more refined and not torn.

"That over there would catch your eye first." You spoke, tighten your grip on her shoulder at the scene.

"It's a common mistake that rookies make." He spoke, flashbacks appearing through the Priestess's eyes. Her flashbacks showing all the mistakes she made continued to weigh her down.

"It's alright, though; you need to listen." You spoke in authority, causing her head to turn towards you two, scared.

"They're not bright creatures, but they aren't complete fools." - "This horde is being led by a shaman." Goblin pointed to the structure once more.

"A shaman?"

"They're powerful spell casters." You inform her, searching for a stick to create another torch for more light.

"How many were in your party?" Goblin Slayer inquired.

"Four..."

"Is the last one a woman?" Noticing a trail of blood and scratch marks, it seemed to be clear to them all; "Looks like they dragged her in deeper."