Unexpected Choice

I found Avil towards the back of their camp. I whistled to let him know I was near before joining him on a neighboring branch. I looked out over the camp and shook my head in disdain. Some were poorly cleaning small game and sorting nuts and berries. Others were still working on solidifying the wall, though most of their efforts seemed to be around the rickety gates they had built. The back end of the camp did have a wall, but with many holes that anyone or anything could enter. But, the majority of the people in the camp, well, they seemed more intent on lazing about and fucking. And based on the sounds, the fucking only lasted minutes. It made me wonder if these people truly knew what pleasure was because they sure as hell didn't find it during sex.

Avil nudged me out of my thoughts, and I looked at him in question. He smirked and pointed to a lone young woman. I watched her and noted that she did appear to share some physical characteristics with me. As I continued to watch, the girl seemed to be a bit of a loner. She hung around behind their metal and hid among the debris built up along the back wall.

"She is the only one I have seen that bears even a small likeness to you, Wocha," Avil whispered as we watched her. "She has spent most of the day by herself along this back wall. The few times she's interacted with the others, she appears to be hostile. Rebuffing the boys and arguing with the girls."

"Then she is most likely my way in," I reply, frowning. "What else have you noted?"

"Come with me," Avil said and pointed to the front of their camp.

I followed him until we came to a tree that gave us a good view of the opening to the metal object and where most of the camp seemed to congregate.

He pointed to a blonde girl that I recognized from Lincoln's descriptions. The blonde was the fisa and one of the leaders.

"The blonde seems to have some sway over the camp," Avil told me. "But she never travels far from the metal object."

"Lincoln told me that the girl is called Klark," I replied. "She is their fisa. The object is called a dropship. Lincoln also described another. A young man, tall with dark hair and eyes. He's usually seen with a girl hanging on him or telling people what to do. Have you seen him?"

"Sha," Avil said and pointed me toward the man. "He tells others what to do and is overprotective of a petite brunette that bears a resemblance to him. His sibling, perhaps? The girl appears to like defying him."

I snorted, "Lincoln said their names were Belomi en Okteivia. And yes, they are siblings. According to him, the only ones present. Anything else?"

Avil nodded, "The blonde, Klark, has two that hover near her at all times. A boy with floppy hair that he likes to flip. Just from the short interaction I saw, it appears that he is attempting to court her."

I rolled my eyes at that, "And the other."

"Is another boy, but dark like Wocha Indra," he informed me. "The blonde does not seem fond of him. He looks at her like a lovesick fool so, perhaps a spurned lover."

"Perhaps," I muttered as I watched the camp. "Go and keep an eye on the girl. Make sure that it is only her that stays in the back of the camp."

"Sha, Wocha," Avil bobbed his head and quietly moved through the trees.

I settled more comfortably on the branch, fully prepared to watch and listen to these Skai goufas attempt to survive the day. Avil appeared again when the sun began to set beyond the trees, bringing some food with him. I thanked him and ate while continuing to watch. Afterward, I sent him back to our camp to change places with Thor, informing him that I was going to stay through the night. Avil made me promise not to do anything until Thor arrived. I agreed and then promptly shoved him out of the tree.