Plans

I woke up feeling like something was different. Keeping my eyes closed and my breathing even, I reached out with my senses but felt nothing amiss. Still, the feeling persisted. Frowning, I pulled Raven closer to me, and she let out a happy little sigh as she snuggled deeper into me. I tried to relax, but that niggling feeling was persistent. I reached up and ran a hand through my hair before setting it behind my head as I tried to figure out what was going on.

It had been three days since I sent my report to both Indra and Heda. I wasn't expecting to hear anything from the Trikru leader, but Heda wasn't one to drag out decisions. Heda hadn't even sent in word recalling me back to my camp, which was why I was still here. But I wasn't complaining about that part because it meant that I got to be with Raven that much longer. However, with idle time on my hands, I was falling into more in-depth thinking and wondering if I should break down and confess to Raven.

I wanted to tell her. By the Gods, did I want to, but I feared the repercussions. I feared what I felt would be the inevitable ending of our relationship, and that was something I wanted less and less. Because every day I was with her, my feelings were growing stronger and deeper for her. I started thinking of a future with Raven. With children of our own as we ruled Trikovakru together and Raven as my Kwin. Those thoughts and images were becoming more evident as each day progressed. It was insane how quickly it all seemed to be happening, and I felt helpless to stop it. What was even more frightening, I didn't want it to end.

Raven stirred against my chest, nuzzling my neck and laying her lips against my pulse. I closed my eyes at the feeling. I pulled her on top of me and bared my neck to her. But she pulled back to lay her arms against my chest, and I let out a small whine, opening my eyes to look at her.

Raven looked at me with concern as we stared at one another. My hands resting firmly on her ass as she reached up to move hair from my face.

"Not that I mind waking up like this," Raven idly said and to prove a point, ground down on me and making me jerk. "But you're thinking loudly again. What's on your mind this time?"

"Us," I replied, squeezing her ass, and pulling her into me, making us close our eyes simultaneously in pleasure. "And how much you've come to mean to me in such a short time. How the longer I'm with you, the clearer our future becomes. But above all else, how incredibly happy you make me."

Raven smirked and leaned forward to kiss me, pressing our breasts together and making me moan into the kiss. I palmed her ass and slid my other hand up her back to cup the back of her head. But Raven was starting to get to know me, and she knew that I was using this moment to try and distract her or myself from digging further. So, she broke the kiss and pushed up against me until she was sitting across my hips. Suddenly, my want turned to lust, and I surged upward to recapture her lips and flipped us over, pinning her beneath me as I devoured her lips hungrily.

I pinned her hands above her head as my lips moved to trail down her jaw to settle on her pulse point and leave a small bruise. Raven responded with a roll of her hips that left us both moaning in pleasure. I continued my downward travel, nipping, and licking the salty taste of her tanned skin. Appreciating the swell of her breasts above her bra, I brought a hand down and slid it underneath the fabric to cup a breast in my calloused hand. Making Raven moan as I pinched the nipple into alertness and continued to lavish her chest with small nips and kisses.

Raven tried to tug her hands free, but I held them fast with one hand as I continued my assault on her flesh. Her hips rolling every once in a while as she looked for friction, and I gladly ground down the harder I grew.

"Lee," she moaned my name, and I sucked harder against the flesh of her stomach at the sound of it.

Raven tugged her arms again to free them, "Lee. Please."