Harlee 'Splains It All

The moment I had stepped back into my hut, Clarke had started in on the teasing. I just shook my head, laughed, and told her that I'd run into Murphy. That shut the teasing down and left the blonde confused. Until I told her why and understanding seemed to click behind those sapphire eyes of hers. Clarke agreed with me that it was a good plan, and with Bellamy soon to be gone, Murphy was the next logical choice outside of Octavia.

Now, we were headed to the dropship as we continued to discuss strategies on how to keep the camp safe. Safe from my people and safe from the Council. We were coming up the ramp when the curtain fluttered, and a hand planted itself firmly against my chest. I blinked a few times as I followed the arm up to see Raven staring at me intently.

"Um, hi," I said, confused as to why I was being stopped.

"Everything okay, Raven," Clarke asked, just as confused as me.

"Yep, it's all good," Raven replied, looking at her. "The radio and video are good to go. All you need to do is flip the switch, and Wells knows the frequencies. Oh, you might want to head up to the third level, Clarke. Sounds like Blake is waking up."

"Oh, okay," Clarke said, hesitating. "Is there a reason—"

"Yep," Raven interrupted, popping the 'p.' "I need a word here with Harlee. So, we're just going to go and head back the way y'all came."

"Harlee," Clarke asked, as she looked at me with concern.

I looked between the two and then nodded, "It's fine. I'll figure out a way to let you know I'm there when we're done."

Clarke took a step closer, "Are you sure?"

I nodded again, sighing, "Yeah. You know we need it, Clarke. Go, we'll be fine."

"Okay," Clarke replied. "I'll see you inside later."

"Yep, later," Raven said and started pushing me back down the ramp. "Let's go, Harlee. You have some 'splainin' to do."

"'Splainin'? I don't know that one," I said as I turned around and let Raven guide me.

Raven scoffed, "You know" -she changes her voice to some weird accent- "'Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do'" -voice goes back to normal- "I Love Lucy? Ricky Ricardo? Lucille Ball?"

I shook my head, even more confused, "Is that some book? I don't think I read that one."

"Some book? Some book?! No," Raven shook her head in disbelief. "It's a tv show. Like ancient. Before color tv. You know, moving pictures."

"Raven, I grew up in a cell, remember," I said in exasperation. "What they gave me to read on only had books. Nothing else."

Raven stopped our march across camp and just looked at me. I stared back, confused, and maybe a little frightened. Then she just shook her head, grabbed my arm again, and started walking.

"Raven, where are we going," I asked.

"Someplace we won't be bothered," Raven replied.

"My hut," I asked since we were headed that way.

Raven shook her head, "No. Further."

The only thing further than my hut was the forest, and the only reason I could think of was that Raven didn't want anyone to hear the screams. I didn't think I had been that bad, but this was Raven, and I realized that I knew nothing about her.

As we walked, I subtly checked her out, looking for a weapon of any kind. I didn't see any telltale bulges, but I could be wrong. Either way, the brunette was making me nervous.