A Breather

HARLEE POV

The moment I hit the tree line, I tucked the radio in my waistband before taking a running leap to the nearest branch. Catching it with ease, I quickly ascended the tree until I had a clear line of sight over the area. Taking a moment to appreciate the view, I let my mind go blank and just let myself be. I let all my worries, feelings, and thoughts slip away and simply only existed. I slowly inhaled the fresh night air of the wilderness that surrounded me. Letting it fill my veins and rejuvenate my body with clean oxygen. Invigorate me with a clearness of mind, body, and Spirit. I exhaled the impurities that clogged my Spirit and gave thanks to the Gods for granting me another day.

Sighing contentedly, I reached for the radio and switched it on, "Raven, do you copy? Raven?"

"I'm here," Raven replied over the radio, and I smiled, hearing her voice. "How is everyone?"

"They woke up with a pounding headache but will be recovered by morning," I told her. "It will probably be late afternoon before we return. None of them recall what they went through, so it all has to be done again."

"That sucks," Raven said, and I could hear the pout in her voice. "Any sign of my douche of an ex?"

"No, but I doubt that we will be seeing him again anytime soon," I said. "I have a feeling that he may meet the wrong end of a Grounder."

Raven sighed, "They'd be doing us a favor. How is Clarke handling it all?"

"She mentioned that if Finn ever shows up again, he will receive some form of punishment," I replied. "She appeared more concerned with the vision she had. Clarke asked me if she should forgive her mother."

"Oh, and what did you tell her?"

"That forgiveness takes time. In truth, it wasn't my place to say," I said.

"How very laissez-faire of you," Raven drolly stated.

I chuckled, "I suppose it is, but forgiveness isn't something to be dictated by others. It needs to be determined by the person. So, only Clarke will know when or if she can forgive her mother. The only time we need to be concerned is if it affects dealing with the Council."

"You mean if Clarke is being obtuse and difficult simply because whatever's being said is coming from Abby," Raven knowingly replied.

"Yes. Like with the wristbands. People were taking them off simply because the Council told us not to," I said. "But of course, when Clarke explained the reason behind them, they stopped taking them off. So..."

"We may have to smack her upside the head if we catch her disagreeing just for the sake of it," Raven said. "I get it. Can I be the one to do it?"

I laughed, "Sure, but only if the need calls for it, my Valkyrie."

"Spoilsport," Raven huffed. "How are you feeling? I mean, after this morning and your injury."

I sighed, "I think I am okay. I probably won't sleep tonight anyway, but I don't feel any lingering effects. And my stomach hasn't bothered me except for some slight pulling, but it's okay. I'm okay."

"That's good. So, tomorrow afternoon, huh," Raven sighed.

"Yes, though, I'd much rather be falling asleep with you in my arms, my Valkyrie," I admitted. "I have missed you."

"I've missed you too," Raven replied, and I heard the smile in her voice. "Thank you for indulging me, Harlee."

I scoffed, "There is no need for thanks, and I was not indulging you. I felt the same way. It is just unfortunate that we were right."