Chapter 3:Blimpxtrick tower

Author's notes:  Welcome back to my story! Also, I won't be writing about the midnight game with the chairman.
———————————————————————————
Chapter 3: Blimp X Trick Tower

"I should introduce myself properly to all of you. I am Netero the Chairman of the Hunter Association," said Netero.

"I figured I didn't need to show up until the final round but now that I'm here I suppose I'll have to accompany you for a while and enjoy the nice & edgy atmosphere."

I am at the back of the room and I roll my eyes while munching on an apple. It is your presence that is making people wary. We must all be screw-ups if the chairman had to grace us with his "godly" presence. 

Mr Bean gently ushers chairman Netero out of the way and chirps," We will only arrive at our next destination at 8 AM, please enjoy the amenities on board."

Mr Bean and Chairman Netero must have an amicable relationship. 

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Gon tugging Killua's sleeve and excitedly saying," Come on Killua, let us go and explore the ship we do not have all day."

I sigh and shake my head. Kids these days have so much energy.  I look around the room and I see Hisoka and Pin-face slink out of the room together. I wonder if they are sneaking away to make out but, I don't think pin-face is Hisoka's type. 

" Every year is a bit different, I have been here long enough to know that," A voice haughtily proclaims interrupting my train of thought.

I recognized that voice anywhere.

"The committee adjust the number of phrases every year depending on the number of examines and tests. We could have 6 phases," said Tonpa.

"So we are not even halfway done," Leorio glumly said. 

I approach Tonpa and tap him on the shoulders. I know, I should not be in the main cast orbit but I have always wanted to put this bastard in his place. 

Tonpa turns around and the colour in his face bleeds out. Leorip tenses up and Kurapika has an unreadable mask on his face.

"Shove a sock in it Tonpa, are you not fed up with scaring other applicants?" I snap.

" I have no idea what you are talking about".

I turn towards Leorio and address him," We have 5 phases so don't worry." Then I put my hand on Tonpa's shoulder and I grip it firmly," Why don't you scram and go bother other people you Turnip". Tonpa immediately flees but the angry glint in his eyes promises me that there will be payback. 

"Thank you.." Kurapika says breaking the tense silence. 

I flash Kurapika a slight smile," No problem, I am just fed up with Tonpa he is a sadist who gets off on people's fears". 

"Why did you help us wouldn't it be better for us to be eliminated so you'd stand a better chance at passing this exam?" Kurapika asks. 

"I like Gon, and you guys seem like good companions so it would be ideal if all of you guys pass this exam together."

"Are you really related to Hisoka?" Leorio blurts out. Kurapika elbows Leorio in his side. 

I throw my head back and laugh. Leorio and Kurapika exchange worried glances and I say," No I am not related to Hisoka. I am just interested in Gon's well-being because he reminds me of a kid I used to look after". 

I can feel Kurapika's eyes soften but Leorio still seems slightly wary of me. 

"We should not be chatting for long so whyn't you two take a nap and I can guard us and our belongings," I chirp.

"What if you kill us in our sleep?" Leorio questions me.

"Honey If I wanted you dead you would not be standing here so get comfy because I am serious about my offer."

Leorio nervously gulps but Kurapika holds his hand out and I shake his hand. I lead Leorio and Kurapika to a quiet spot and I settle down beside the both of them.

I see Leorio huddle closer to Kurapika and I catch Kurapika's eye and wink at him before I face the other way, watching the clouds pass by us. I did not know how fun it would be to mess with Leorio and scare Tonpa. 

~Time skip

"I hope to see the majority of you guys alive, you all have 72 hours to reach the base of the tower alive. Cheerios!" Netero cheerily says before departing. 

An overconfident man decides to climb down the tower but two ugly cupid heads swoop from the sky like eagles and pick up the struggling man up. 

"Looks like climbing down is not the best idea," Leorio nervously chuckles.

"Well if the chairman said that he expects most of us to be alive then climbing down is not the solution because most of us would not be able to do that," I reply.

"There has to got to be another way down," Kurapika murmurs.

"Yes there is in fact-"

I get cut off midway because I suddenly fall through a trapdoor. Hopefully, Kurapika and Leorio will tell Gon and Kiulla about the trapdoor. Too bad I can't be with them because I would have loved to torment Tonpa even more. 

I land in a dark room that is illuminated by a TV screen. There is a table with two bands and I grab one and secure it around my wrist. Looks like I will have a partner, if it is a no-name extra I will just have to kill them so that I don't get dragged down along with them. I hear a thump behind me and I turn around to see Glitter-tack aka. Illumi aka. fucking creep.

"Howdy there partner, it looks like we are on the same route," I cheerily say.

However, Glitter-tack does not return the sentiment but, just continues to stare at me blankly. I roll my eyes and point towards the table and then at my wrist. He strolls pasts me and outs the band on. 

————————————————————————————————————————
~End of chapter 3
Author's notes:
I'm sorry this chapter is quite short but I think writing long chapters is quite exhausting so I think I'll be sticking to shorter chapters. Anyway thank you to all my viewers who have been reading my story so far, I hope you all have a blessed day ahead!

2024:

How are you guys liking the changes? I decided that it was best for Freya to interact with Leorio and Kurapika much later in the story. Have a nice day everyone!