Chapter 4: Busybody Examiner X Trick Tower (part 2)

Author's notes:
Hello, welcome back to Chapter 4 of my story, Yeahhhh!! I'm finally on chapter 5...the hunter exam arc is sure a Long arc to write(I seriously cannot comprehend how I'll write the other longer arcs or if I even continue that far). I hope you enjoy this chapter also there might be language(it will be censored for any younger audience reading this story). Have a blessed day to all those who have been reading my book so far and stay safe!

"Hello, applicants! My name is Lippo and I am your examiner for the third phase of the Hunter exam".

"What is our route going to be about?" I ask Lippo.

" If you two were to be so kind and just drink the two glasses that are on the table, then I can get this show on the road."

I approach the table and look at the glass. Wouldn't be funny if the liquid contained a love potion and then I fell in love with Glitter tack? However, I don't think that's the case considering that would be highly illegal. I take a big gulp of the drink and Glitter-tack shoots me an incredulous glare. I shrug my shoulders and finish the glass but, Glitter-tack only takes three sips from his cup.

"Excellent, excellent now you see I have placed a few drops of truth serum in both of your cups," Lippo gleefully says.

I feel the room density gets heavier and heavier and my knees start to wobble. Lippo pissed off the wrong person and I am going to pay for his stupid deed. I lean against the table to stabilise myself and concentrate my nen around my knees to strengthen myself.

"Why the fuck would you do that!" I exclaim.

"Because you two are one of the few interesting candidates in this Hunter's exam," he replies.

"What's so interesting about me! I am practically a nobody."

"Well... I do happen to know your master and when we used to go on missions together she bragged about how you are one of the best students she has mentored so far". Then Lippo addresses Glitter-tack," And I want to know why you have purposefully decided to deform yourself".

The murderous rage in the room increases and my frustration reaches a breaking point," Jesus! Can you take down your murderous rage by a notch I am sure you'll be fucking fine". ]

"Who is Jesus?" Lippo questions.

"Ugh! You don't need to know."

I can feel the air in the room slowly start to return to normal as Glitter-tack retracts his purple oppressive aura back to himself.

"So how is this course going to work if you interrogate us that would be too boring," I remark.

"The both of you will have to work together to make it past my course while I rapid-fire questions at each of you," Lippo answers.

I can hear Glitter-tack growling to himself. He probably had the same idea as me but, now his plan is thwarted because Lippo is forcing us to work together.

I turn towards Glitter-tack and stick my hand out," Partners?"

He looks me up and down, sighs and then he begrudgingly shakes my hand.

I flash him a bright smile, " Let's both do our best to pass this phase Glitter-tack".

"Why don't we start with who you are 301?"

" I am the eldest child of the Zoldyck family and you will not be forgotten Lippo," Glitter tack spits out

"Lippo seems like a shut-in weeb so the chances of finding him are probably low because that group would do anything to avoid the sunshine and grass," I snark.

"Please also introduce yourself, candidate 355," Lippo commands with a slight edge in his tone.

" I Don't have a family and I hail from YorkNew City," I announce.

"That was not funny," Glitter-tack said in a deadpanned tone.

"Well if you have no sense of humour then I will enjoy my joke," I snark back.

A door to another room opens up and I walk into the next room but I can feel Glitter-tack glaring daggers into my back.

"In this next room, the both of you will have to work together to match the correct pair of cards but, if you match a card wrongly then I can ask whatever question I want to," Lippo instructs.

"You ready to start speaking up more because this game requires communication?" "You have a lot more to lose than me, I'm a nobody".

Glitter-tack reluctantly nods my head.

All the cards are flipped over and then are shuffled.

"Did I forget to mention that there is a time limit to the room so the longer you take the more the floor tiles will drop," Lippo cheerily adds.

"You son of a bitch," I mutter under my breath.

*****

" Three last pairs left, we can do this Glitter-tack!" I yell

"Stop calling me that," He says as he successfully pairs two cards together.

"Who asked you to pick such a difficult undercover name," I shoot back.

Five more tiles crumble and fall through and my heart starts to beat even faster and my palms become even more wet. There are only a few more tiles left in the room, oh god I don't want to die again. In my panic, I match a heart card with the diamond card and Lippo appears on the screen.

"What is your mother's maiden name?" Lippo asks.

"I don't fucking know man, are you trying to hack into my computer!" I exclaim.

Glitter-tack lunges over me and matches the last pair of cards. The timer on the wall stops and everything comes to a halt. Lippo appears back on the screen and congratulates us. A door to the next room opens but there is no way to reach it.

"Jump," Glitter tack tells me.

"The distance is too far I don't think I will be able to make it," I say.

Glitter tack rolls his eyes and squats down to pick me up.

"Hey! Put me down I am not a sack of potatoes!" I scream kicking and punching his back.

"You might be," He quietly quips back before I feel the air wooshing and my body landing on hard, rocky ground.

I stand up, dust myself off and leave some room for Glitter-tack to leap. He gracefully leaps across the humongous gap.

"Thank you," I begrudgingly say. "You are such a gentleman."

Glitter tack looks at me and then sputters out," And you are such a lady".

"Look who finally discovered sarcasm," I quip back before skipping forward to the next room.

I think I've pushed him too far to the point that he finally discovered sarcasm.

2024 A/N:

Hi! It's me, I have completely redone this chapter because I did not like the previous one. How much do yall'  like this chapter and to any returning readers, did you like the previous chapter or this new one?