Chapter 10: Flight X Pretty privilege

a/n 2024:

I can't wait to write more about Freya's time apart from the main characters. It is going to be awesome.

I wander around the airport. My flight is in an hour, so I still have time to kill. How many snacks can I stuff in my bag? In the distance, I see Gon and the gang waiting for their flight. They have a strong camaraderie, so I am sure they will bust Rapunzel out of his tower.

*******

I managed to sneak past all my snacks by security. I sag into my chair, and I put most of my snacks on the pull-out table in front of me. Once everyone has boarded the Airship a flight attendant appears and she explains all the safety rules and whatnot. I look around at the various passengers around me. A mother and her baby are sitting in front of me, and I swear to god if that baby causes an uproar I am going to chuck myself out of the airship.

I sneak a glance at the passenger behind me. Wait! I take a second look, and seated behind me is Chrollo in all his devilish freaking glory. Before we can make eye contact, I quickly whip my head forward. Why is my luck so shitty sometimes? I just had to be on the same airship as Chrollo, the head of the phantom troupe. I did not expect to meet him so soon I thought that I would only meet him during the YorkNew arc.

If Chrollo is here then where the heck are the other members? I close my eyes, and I breathe in and out deeply. I slowly send a tendril of my Nen out to search for the other troupe members, but they are not on board. My Nen tendril snaps back to me causing me to slam backwards into my chair. I hear a snicker behind me, but it can't be from Chrollo. I can't imagine him making such an "undignified" sound. Once this Airship lands, I need to get off as quickly as possible because I can not attract any more unwanted attention from any powerful players.

********

My eyes flutter open, and I wipe the drool of my hand. The baby in front of me is wailing at the top of their lungs, which is causing my eardrums to hurt a lot. The mother has left her baby alone, which is great because nobody is here to shut it up. Once a flight attendant turns her attention somewhere else, I unbuckle my seatbelt and sit beside the baby. The baby starts to quiet down slowly, and now it's just staring at me. I pat its head, and I float back to my seat.

Once I am seated, I turn around to glance at Chrollo quickly. He is reading a book. He is precisely skimming through the bandit book which is where he keeps all the Nen abilities he has stolen. His Nen ability suits his profession because he is a thief. I wonder if he's counting all the abilities that he has stolen. Shortly, he will require Neon's ability to make prophecies about the future.

When the airship lands, I quickly join the hoard of passengers trying to squeeze out. Suddenly, someone taps me on my shoulder. I spin around, and it is Chrollo. The colour from my face drains very quickly.

"Miss, I think you dropped something," he says before placing my hunter's licence in my hand.

Shit! Shit!

"Thank you, sir, and please have a lovely day ahead," I replied before bolting off the airship.

I quickly dart into the nearest female bathroom to catch my breath. How did I even drop my hunter's licence? I don't remember taking it out of my backpack. I shake my head and slap my cheeks to push out any negative thoughts. I bring my hoodie to my head and slip out of the bathroom.

Why is Nen a thing in this world but not Uber? Instead of being able to book a ride, I'll have to wait for a taxi to show up. Thankfully, a yellow Taxi pulls up a few minutes later, and I immediately dash towards it, even knocking someone out of the way. I hop into the Taxi, and I give the driver the address. Before the driver can speed, someone knocks on the window. I look up and see Chrollo who gestures to me to roll down the window.

"What can I do for you, sir?" I nervously ask.

"You stole my taxi, and I am in a rush to get to my destination," Chrollo states.

"I'll get out immediately!" I exclaim while unbuckling my seat belt.

"You can stay because we can share the taxi," Chrollo smoothly says before sliding in to sit beside me.

I clutch my backpack closer to me and hurry as close as humanly possible towards the door.

"Are you scared that I am a common thief because I can assure you that I am not," Chrollo affirms in a velvety voice?

I nervously chuckle before saying," Are you a cat burglar then?"

"Nothing of that sort," Chrollo insists.

What did I do in my first life to receive such treatment, God? First, Hisoka, then Illumi and now Chrollo! What next? Am I gonna catch the eye of Prince?

"Where are you headed to miss?" Chrollo asks.

"I'm going to the port because I need to catch a boat," I replied.

"How marvellous I am also heading in the same way as you. I'm here for an important business meeting with my colleagues."

It's more like plotting chaos with the other phantom troupe members!

****

We spent most of the ride silently because I pretended to fall asleep.

I only wake up once the taxi stops. Before Chrollo gets out, he gently brings my hand to his mouth and kisses it before departing. My whole face instantly turns as red as a tomato, and I am left a stuttering mess.

The Taxi driver says," If I were you, I would not let that gentleman go."

"He's just a creep with different fonts I would not put it past him if he was secretly a puppy kicker."

The taxi driver just rolls their eyes before we speed off to the port.

I pay the taxi driver my fare and step out. A breeze suddenly messes with my hair, and I smell the salty sea. For some reason, it is making me hungry. I ask the taxi driver if there are any good restaurants around, and they point towards a tiny house a few meters away.

*****

I settle at a table by the window which gives me a perfect view of the sea.

It's nice that I can explore this new world freely without being attached to the hip of the main characters. An old man hobbles past my table and places a glass of water on my table. I hope that this address leads me to Bisky. I need to know why she went behind my back, signed me up for the Hunter exam, and then ghosted me. I hope it is gonna be a good fucking day.