TWELVE

Helloo! As promised, here is another chapter! Hope you are all doing good and safe 💛 Be healthy, lovelies! Talk to me whenever, i'll be here for you all 💛 Thank you so much for everything 😘 Loveyou!

If you have any questions for me, drop them here! Let's get to know each other
———————————
(To avoid confusion, I used Thorn instead of Tong because we already have a Ton character. I'm sorryy)

Mew's POV

I held his hand as we walk along the shore. The moon gazing down at us once again with billion of stars accompanying him. We were bickering, as usual, about something that's not even that important. The sound of waves coming from the ocean filling my ears and the smell of his sweet citrus scent blends well with the scent of the water.

We were wearing all white, long sleeves and some loose pants. We decided to leave our shoes back in our cabin. He said that he longs to feel the sand tickling at the side of his feet. And, Who am i to deny to him? He was being playful—and cute.

"P'Mew? I'm kind of wondering—If we get to live a thousand times as we can in different worlds. Will we still end up together? Even if we're completely humans in our next life?" He suddenly asks out of nowhere, his gaze still fixed straight ahead, and i'm not surprised. 'Cuz that's Gulf. He asks random things at the most random times in random places too. But, he's so lovely at times that i can't help but to indulge his adorable-ness.

A small smile appeared on my face because of his question, "We're soulmates, aren't we? No matter what time we meet, what world we live in, i know that we'll still be together." I glanced at him for a moment and studies how his ears reddens.

He hums, "Really? But—What if—what if one of us dies early? Or—or we get to meet someone else?" The lines of his forehead deepens. His scent spikes up. Through our bond, i could feel the fear rising up in his body.

I gripped his hand tighter, "We'll still end up meeting. I believe we will. No matter how many people we come across, by the end of it all, we'll meet. And if one of us dies early, we'll meet again. In the after life." I answered casually. Like, it's an easy questions at a test i'm taking and i know the right answer for it. That i have studied it for a couple of times.

He stops walking and so did i. When i looked at him, he was staring at me with an unreadable expression on his face.

He looks at our joined hands for awhile before looking back up at me, "How can you be so sure? That we'll still end up together?" He asks. But, the tone on his voice was—calm. He was like—testing me. The fear long gone but the hint of sourness in his scent stays the same. I don't know what answers he's expecting and knowing Gulf, when i reply wrongly, he'd probably sulk for the rest of the day. And we can't have that now, can we?

So, i reach out to hold his other hand, i faced him completely and without any doubt or second thoughts, i answer him truthfully, "Because, i'll always find you. Wherever you are, i'll search for you. Our love doesn't need to stop here. It will blossom in our different versions too. So, when you can't remember—this." I gesture to our joined hands once again and smiles, "Wait for me. I'll hold your hand in our next life and the life after that and the next. I promise you that." The sound of my heart beat mixes well with the sound of the waves across the ocean.

It thumps. And thumps. And thumps.

We stared at each other. We just stood there holding each other's hand and gripping it tight as the minute goes by. I patiently wait for his answer.