Chapter 1 | 'Demigods & Wizards' |

"Are you really sure about this? One mistake and you're going to have to wear an eye patch for the rest of your life," I warned one of my friends at camp, Connor Stoll, the son of Hermes. I held one of my throwing knives in my hand and looked at Connor with a doubtful expression. We were on a hill near the strawberry hill, the one closer to the Big House.

Connor, despite my hesitance, replied with a smile, "Well, I'm not worried at all, since you're one of the best at throwing knives at camp."

I looked at him again, my lips slightly pursed. I finally gave up and narrowed my eyes. "Fine. But don't blame me if I accidentally shot your neck and accidentally killed you."

Connor looked at me with an excited grin and put an apple above his head, his older brother, Travis, cheering me as if his younger brother getting thrown knives wasn't that much of a big deal. Then again, it's really not. I twirled my knife before throwing it with full force, my 'victim' (even though I am the real victim here) slightly stiffened at my sudden throw. He let out a relieved sigh before grinning like crazy and cheered loudly. The blade had hit the apple with dead accuracy.

"Way to go, Lian!" Travis and Connor shouted in unison. Connor walked towards me, he grabbed the apple from his head while doing at it. He lifted the apple to me and I pulled out the knife.

I smirked in response as I sheathed it to my belt, a gift my uncle, Uncle Yong, gave me when I was twelve years old. "Well, as you said, I am the best at throwing knives around camp." I turned around and started to walk towards my cabin, cabin #6.

Travis and Connor ran up to catch up with me and we shared a small laugh. We started to make small conversations, not knowing what was waiting ahead of us.

«§«§«§«§«

It came near the start of the school year, many people went back to their home, due to different start of terms. The sky was pitch black, the warmth of the campfire and the brightness illuminating around the source. I was sitting next to Annabeth Chase, my godly-sided sister, talking random topics.

"So, are you going back to school soon?"

"Yeah, I am. I wished this summer vacation would last a little longer. I really like spending time here," Annabeth replied with a sad smile.

I nodded in agreement. "Yeah, it's nice hanging around here," I sighed with a smile. "But I guess I can stay a week or two since I'm homeschooled."

Annabeth was about to reply when suddenly Chiron cleared his throat. Everyone's attention turned towards the centaur as he spoke, "I would like to speak to the people who I am going to call out." He took out a piece of paper, perhaps a list of names and started to call out. 

"...and lastly Lian Long."

My eyebrows rose in surprise as I stood up, alongside Annabeth who also got called. As Chiron gestured the handful of demigods to follow him. Many murmurs spread around the demigods surrounding the campfire, questioning the bluntness of the announcement.

As we walked, Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon and potentially Annabeth's boyfriend came tagging along who was also in the list of people. "What do you think this is all about? Did we do something wrong, because I have no memory of doing something that will gain Chiron's attention, or I think I didn't, or it's just me having ADHD," Percy said.

"I'm not really sure," Annabeth replied. "But whatever it is, I think it's quite important that he called us out."

"Hey, have you realized that Chiron called every person from each cabin?" I stated as I observed the small crowd. Annabeth also studied the demigods following the centaur.