Chapter 8 | 'Wonder & Discovery' |

A few days have passed since Annabeth, Percy, and I sent the letters to our parents to know more about our family tree, and the responses finally came.

The first reply that was received to one of us, was Percy's. Turns out, his mother, Sally Jackson, didn't really know about their heritage, except for the fact that her side of ancestors were all Americans. The next was Annabeth, his father, Frederick Chase, said that his mother's side was American, and his father British. Then it was me. Dad said that his side of the family is all Chinese or some other Asian heritage.

From all of our letters, we got a list of names and relations of all of our family our parents can remember. So, my sister decided to start her assignments for the family tree with hands before Lily somehow found a way to draw all of our links to our family.

We were now inside our common room, the time was ten o'clock in the morning, seated in one of the tables instead of the library because Percy was sick of the room filled with 'stifling' books. I leaned back in my chair to stretch my arms, my wrist sore from using it for over an hour. I sighed tiredly as I stared at my writing essay that my Dad had created for me, smiling in satisfaction. I took a glance towards Annabeth who seemed to have gone through halfway of her family tree draft, then to Percy who was holding his chin, staring at the equation before him.

"Good over there?" I inquired.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. Everything is fine, except that I'm having a splitting headache over here," He replied, resting his elbows on the wood and rubbing his temple. His statement caught my sister's attention because her focus all went to her boyfriend and started to teach him math.

"You can't do anything without me, can't you Seaweed Brain?" Annabeth murmured, but it was obvious she was trying to fight a smile.

I grinned at the two of them and started packing my work.

«§«§«§«§«

I was on my way to dinner, walking down the slightly busy hallways, book in hand (you never know right?). Walking leisurely, I looked around the stoned walls and floor, people and ghosts roaming all over the place, students' talking filled up the place loudly.

I fidgeted my belt strapped on my waist and played with the hilts of my knives. A faint call of my name made me stop and look around the crowds to spot Lily jogging towards me. A smile tugged on my lips, seeing the bright witch having an excited expression.

"Lian, Lian! I just found it!" She exclaimed with a wide grin, her green eyes twinkling.

"You just found..."

"A charm that gives you information about your heritage!" I widened my eyes at her discovery and grinned ear to ear with the same enthusiasm.

"Gods of Olympus, you found it? That's amazing!" I held her hands and we jumped from excitement, not caring at the looks we received from others.

"I think we can work on it tomorrow afternoon. I will reserve an empty classroom so that we can do it in silence, how about that?"

"That's brilliant, I do owe you a lot."

"Oh, it's nothing, Lian. That's what friends do," Lily shook her head. I linked her arms through mine and we resumed our tred back to the Great Hall.

«§«§«§«§«

The next day seemed to pass both fast and slow. I have told the news to Annabeth and Percy, while my sister was very excited about it, Percy was more eager about the prank the Marauders and the Stolls are planning right now. Again. Upon hearing this, my sister was rather irritated that her boyfriend is going to once again get himself in trouble.