Chapter 14 | 'Goodbyes & Beginning' |

I looked around to see everyone packed. Except for me. I sighed with a heavy heart as we waited for Professor McGonagall to lead us to the headmaster's office. It was around six-thirty in the morning, and yet many students who became friendly with the demigods were gathered as they said their goodbyes to others.

I looked at Lily who seemed to be on the verge of tears. Annabeth chuckled and they hugged each other with firm grips.

Annabeth looked at her gratefully. "Thank you for becoming friends with us, Lily."

"It was really nice meeting you guys," Lily replied.

I regarded the Marauders and Percy who had managed to make their own handshake during these two months stay and was repeating it to each other. I could only smile at how ridiculous the thing it was that it almost made me cackle up. Almost.

We heard footsteps after Annabeth and Lily made promises to contact each other and saw Professor McGonagall arriving. She observed the scene before her, faintly smiling before motioning the demigods to follow her. All the campers, including me, trailed behind her as we made our way to the office.

We entered the room after the long climb to the tower and stood there waiting, the fire was burning bright as we waited for Dumbledore to allow the demigods to go home.

"It was a pleasure to invite you all to this castle and be-friended with many students here. But I am afraid this is where we go back to our respective places and say our goodbyes," Dumbledore's voice boomed through the place as we all listened. "I hope that you all were able to enjoy this trip and remember this stay. If you are ready, all of you are allowed to floo back to camp."

There were murmurs from the younger people as they made a line and began to step into the fire. I said goodbyes to close friends from camp before they went back to Camp Half-Blood.

"Don't get into any trouble as you did in here," I smiled at Percy playfully.

"No promises."

I laughed as we hugged each other and separated. I turned to Annabeth with a sad smile, while she looked at me sympathetically. I extended my arms out and my sister fell into my embrace as we held tightly to each other.

"I'm going to miss you, Annabeth."

"Me too, Lian."

We removed our arms from each other and I studied the linked hands belonging to Annabeth and Percy with a smile.

"Stay safe."

They nodded and I watched them walk towards the fire, casting me one last glance and the both of them stepped inside the fire, their shadows disappearing through the bright green fire. I let out a huff of breath and looked around to see everyone gone. I settled my gaze on the headmaster and the professor. I smiled politely at them.

"I think I should get going."

They returned the smile and nodded. I turned around and was about to take a step when I heard Dumbledore's voice.

"You can seek me out anytime if you need help, Miss Long."

I moved my body once more to face the two professors. I saw the old wizard looking at me with expecting eyes as if foretelling something in the future. Nodding my head dubiously, I replied, "Thank you, professor."

I exited the room and descended down the long stairs. Once I was in front of the gargoyle, I halted on my steps and leaned my back against the wall and sighed. I rubbed my face with my hands tiredly and stared at the hallways with a long look.

"What am I supposed to do now?"

«§«§«§«§«

I seated myself on one of the tables in the library. My chest felt heavy and felt absolutely alone now that the demigods were gone. I regarded the spot where Annabeth would usually occupy and sighed deeply and took out my things from my bag to start working on my school work.