Chapter 11 | 'Invitation & Warnings' |

So, unexpectedly, Hogwarts decided to host a Halloween party/ball — or whatever you want to call it — at well, October thirty-one. The castle was buzzing with such excitement that it was unnerving, especially the females. While the girls were bubbling inside because of the all 'shiny chandeliers and decorations' and 'dance the night away with their dream boys' (well, not all, but quite a lot of them), the boys were all nervous to invite their crushes as their dates to the party and are sweating to their deaths. Though it was amusing to watch the students, as time passed it became exhausting with all the spirits in the castle.

I sighed as I heard another group of girls talking about the Halloween party and who they want their date as. "I can't take this atmosphere in here anymore!" I ran my palm against my face as I spoke exasperatedly. I hurried my steps away from the Great Hall from lunch and practically ran to the library, Annabeth following along holding my other hand.

"Me too."

We turned, walked up the stairs, and took any paths that did not include females further on talking about the you-know-what. When we finally arrived at the library and strode towards the corner of the quietest part of the place and took a seat across from each other. Letting our things down, I put my elbows on the table and propped my head and rubbed it sleepily.

"Is it just me, or I always get sleepy after I eat my lunch?"

"That's because your body's energy is using for digestion of your food and that—"

"Yeah, yeah" I waved my hands as I smiled at her tiredly from over my hands. "I know Annabeth. I'm your sister after all." Annabeth's lips curved into an equally tired smile, the source coming from the two of us training outside before we ate our lunch.

I straightened up and started to unpack my things from the bag and tossed it on the wooden surface, the noise faintly bouncing off the walls. I stretched my arms and opened one of the textbooks and notes to begin my note-taking.

"So." I looked up to Annabeth who voiced the word, smirking. "Are you going to the Halloween party?"

"Not you too," I groaned. She just chuckled in return and looked at me expectedly, and I finally gave up. My shoulders slumped as I answered, "Perhaps?"

"Perhaps what?"

"Perhaps I will go to the party...?" At the reply, my blonde sister smiled at me encouragingly. I heaved a sigh as my gaze flickered to my textbook then back to her. "But we don't have a dress."

"I think Lily has a solution for that." I looked at her confused until she explained, "Lily said that there is going to be a Hogsmeade trip this weekend where the students are able to visit the village near here and go buy the dress for the party."

"Okay. Money?"

"Still thinking," She said, blushing sheepishly.

"Right. What else?"

"A date."

I stared at her with bewilderment, my lips letting out a scoff in reflex. "And who would that be?" I challenged, raising an eyebrow. Annabeth tried to hide her mischievous grin as she formed her words.

"Sirius Black."

I gaped at her widely at the mention of the name, silence filling between us for a while. "Why?" Was all I said. It was Annabeth's turn to look at me puzzled and scoffed directly to me.

"What do you mean 'why?'. Don't you see that Sirius is hitting on you multiple times since we came to know each other?" I considered her words, of course, I knew that Sirius stated some seriously — I mean — severely cheesy lines and flirting and only a fool wouldn't notice it. Nevertheless, I always thought that he was just joking the entire time, knowing his reputation here at this school and many of his fangirls (You know, I'm very glad that his fangirls weren't here, the two of us talking about their 'dream boy' because gods would they be mad.)