Chapter 2 | 'Secrets & Forgiveness' |

After that dramatic announcement from Professor Dumbledore, he started to talk about the history of the school. But of course, since most of us have ADHD, two-third of the people weren't listening to whatever the elderly was saying, getting distracted by the things around them. Even then, the headmaster didn't seem to be discouraged by the ignorance and kept on talking, his eyes sparkling bright.

"Now, in this school's tradition, we sort people by their personality in four different houses. There are Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin. I would not be getting to details, but you can find out the information from the school library or just ask one of the students here," Dumbledore said with a playful wink. "But, unfortunately, we would not be sorting you to houses. Everyone will be directed to a spare common room during this stay."

I took in everything he said, making sure to read or ask someone about the housing in Hogwarts and many other things he has talked about. Just then, another person, a woman, came into the room. She was wearing a green robe, a pair of glasses, and an iconic black witch hat.

"Ah, Minerva," Dumbledore called out.

Annabeth and I shared a look with a small smile. "Minerva?" we whispered, astonished by the Roman name of our mother, Athena.

"This is Professor Minerva McGonagall."

"Greetings, everyone. Please call me Professor McGonagall," she said, a strict yet kind smile plastered on her face. "I will be leading you to your rooms."

"Thank you, Minerva. Now, do you have any questions around here?" He smiled. I raised my hand, wanting to ask a question. "Yes, Ms—"

"Lian Long."

Something in his bright eyes sparked in what looked like recognition, though I can't really place a finger on it. He came out of his slight trance and smiled even more brightly—if that was possible.

"Should we be worried about the monsters that might be lurking around here?"

"Ah. That is a brilliant question. Not to worry, I have cast a protection charm for you young children to prevent any danger from coming during this stay," His expression was gentle as he smiled. I beamed at him, happy to hear that there was nothing to worry about our usual danger of always getting ourselves almost killed.

"Does anyone have any more questions?"

Everyone just shook their heads, I am guessing that my question was all that they needed to know.

"Very well then. If you have any concerns, you may come to me anytime." His mouth curved into a playful smile.

"Thank you, Professor Dumbledore," the majority of us gave our gratitude to the wizard with an appreciative smile.

"Follow me please."

We turned and trailed along with Professor McGonagall. We looked around the hallways in awe, noticing how huge this school was compared to the 'muggle', as they say, schools. During the walk, our guide told us that we had to be in bed at nine o'clock sharp, which was pretty great (at least for me).

She also told us on the way to the stairs that these steps magically move so that we have to be careful around it. But I'm pretty sure that a lot of the demigods were planning, especially the Stolls, on something with it to entertain themselves.

"This architecture is amazing! It's like I'm dreaming a wonderful fantasy," Annabeth said in wonder. Percy and I both rolled our eyes playfully, knowing how my sister, without doubt, wants to become an architect, in fact, she even recreated Mount Olympus when the war against Kronos and the titans ended.