Chapter 4: Janitors closet

[alexa]

Ugh biology. The most boring class ever.

"Ms. whittle can I use the restroom?" I asked while I raised my hand.

"Yeah sure whatever just take the pass" she responded not even looking up from her desk.

This "pass" was just the cover of an old biology textbook with the room number on the back. As i was walking down the hall I heard a noise come from the janitors closet.

I walked closer and the closer I got the more I could identify the sound. Crying.

Who the fuck would be crying in the janitors closet? I opened the door and saw Austin laying on the ground crying and shaking.

"Austin?" Oh fuck.

"AUSTIN!" I yelled running over to him and kneeling beside him. I closed the door and took his face between my hands to make him look at me.

"Austin it's okay. It's okay shh I'm here" I whispered wipeing his tears as they fall.

I sit on the ground and lean against the wall and pull Austin to me so he's in between my legs with his face stuffed in my stomach. I put one hand in his hair and stroke it softly and the other is rubbing his back trying to comfort him.

All of a sudden he wraps his arms around my waist and I still for a second before relaxing.

"Austin it's alright. You're safe. I'm here you'll be okay" he only cried harder. I'm not sure how long we were in there but eventually his sobbs turned into sniffles. Still with his face shoved into my stomach and his arms around my waist he mumbles "thank you".

"It's okay. Don't thank me." I check the time on my phone and see that we were in here for a whole class period. The next period starts in a minute.

"Hey Austin do you want to go home? I'll drive you."

He looks up at me. His chin now on my stomach, hands still around me. "Please don't leave me" he whispers. My heart hurts for this boy. This broken boy.

I ran my hand through his hair, "I won't, I promise. But Austin we have to leave the closet soon and once the bells rings and everyone is in class I will get you out of this place and we'll go home okay?"

He didnt say anything just nodded and continued to sniffle with his head back in my stomach. I played with his hair while we waited for the bell.

Ringggg!

I waited for the sound of foot steps to stop and I put Austin's head between my hands and made him look up at me. "C'mon. Lets go austin" he nodded and I slowly stood up and helped him up. I cracked the door and made sure the cost was clear before pulling off my hoodie and throwing it over Austin's shoulders with the hood up so it's cover his face. "Thank you" he mumbled. I grabbed his hand and led him outside to my car.

"Do you want to lay down in the back seat for a little?" I asked gently. He nodded again. I don't think he's capable of speaking sentences right now. I opened the back door and he climbed in. I waited till he was laying down to close the door and hop in the drivers seat. I turn the engine on and driving home.

When we were down the street from our houses I checked to see if he was sleeping but he wasn't. He was just staring blankly at the back of my seat. We pulled into my driveway. I got out and opened the door where Austin's head was and crouched down so he could see me eye to eye.

"Hey were home. We gotta go inside now."

"What not my house. Please. My moms home" he pleaded. I could see tears threatening to fall.