Chapter 12: Nightmares

I wake up with the urgency to pee and extreme cotton mouth. I try and sit up but am reminded of Austin curled up in a little ball holding my hand with his head on my stomach and an arm wrapped around me. I manage to pull his arm off with some much needed elbow grease and carefully move his head on a pillow where my stomach used to be. As soon as I get up his brows start to furrow and he does that thing where he tries to search for my hand in his sleep. I walk to the other side of the bed and grab his hand. I stand there a wait a while before the urge to pee takes over and I quickly run to my bathroom.

After doing my business I go down stairs and get a glass of water as I lean with my back against the counter drinking my water, I let my mind wander off. Thinking about the guys and their gang but my thoughts were cut short by screaming.

"NO! STOP DONT DO THAT!" Austin starts to scream from my room. I put my glass in the sink and run as fast as I can into my room. I pass all the guys in the hall and give them a shake of my head letting them know I got this. I open my door to see Austin thrashing around my bed screaming "NO! PLEASE!"

I run up to him and get in the bed straddling him. I grab his head between my ands and try to wake him up.

"Austin!"

"Austin it's just a dream. Wake up. I'm here. It's lexa." I shake him.

His eyes pop open and he immediately wraps his arms around my waist and cry's into my shoulder. Still straddling him I lean back a little bit a place a tender kiss to his forehead and whisper in his ear.

"It's okay now"

"I'm here"

"It was just a dream"

"Auti it's okay. I love you" I kiss his forehead again while his shoulders shake with sobs and fear. I continue to straddle him until his sobs turn to sniffles and his duffles turn into light snores.

Not wanting to move from his iron grip he has on me right now, I grab his hand and fall asleep on top of my bestfriend who is still shaking with fear even in his sleep.

-
I wake up and check my phone 8am. I look at autis sleeping figure underneath me and I try to pry is hands off me to go brush my teeth. I finally get him off of me and I make my way to my bathroom. I brush me teeth and as I was putting away my toothbrush I hear Austin.

"Alexa!" He wasn't screaming this time though. He sounded alarmed and frantic.

I bolt out of the door and run over to him on my bed. A wave of relief crashes over his face and I grab him in a hug tackling him down in the bed.

"Do you remember what happened?" I ask him softly.

"Yeah. But why did it happen though? Usually the dream never finishes when I sleep with you" he frowns.

I pull back from the hung a little to look at his face "I went to go use the bathroom and get water. When I was downstairs you started screaming so I came back up and, well you know the rest"

"Oh" is all he says.

"Do you want me to tell the guys to leave and we can just sleep all day and not get out of bed unless it's an emergency?" I asked smiling at my bestfriend.

"I'd like that very much. But I cant sleepover tonight. My mom wants me home tonight so I'll just leave at like 9pm." I nodded and left the room to go downstairs and tell the guys to go home.

I walk into the kitchen "hey guys. You need to get breakfast somewhere else because im kicking you out. Austin isn't doing too well right now so we're just going to have a chill day in. I'm sorry"