[1] Escapades in the Mountains

[Outfit Above]
S3 Ep: 2 "The Hybrid"

Isabella walked alongside the large river beside Elena as Alaric trailed behind them while looking up at the sky

Isabella walked alongside the large river beside Elena as Alaric trailed behind them while looking up at the sky. "In a couple hours, the full moon's gonna rise just above that ridge. If Tyler's right, that's where the pack'll be." Elena looked at Alaric with a slight teasing grin. "You were a boy scout, weren't you? A boy scout, slash vampire slayer?" Alaric scoffed as they slowed to a stop. "Slash whiskey-drinking all-around lost cause." Alaric sets his bag down on the ground and starts to go through it.

The two teens looked down into the bag and saw the many different weapons. "Wow. You came stocked." Elena said with raised brows. Alaric looked over at the two girls and shrugged. "Well, we aren't exactly bird-watching." He pulled out two grenades and handed one to each of them. "Here. Put that in your bag."

"Vervain grenade?" Isabella asked as he handed her the grenade. "Wolfsbane." He answered shortly. "Well, since we're exchanging gifts..." Elena trailed off and pulled John's magic ring from her pocket and showed it to Alaric. "That's John Gilbert's ring." Elena nodded and held it out to him. "It was yours once. Go ahead. Take it. I'll protect you from whatever supernatural danger we're about to get ourselves into." Alaric glanced between the ring and Elena hesitantly. "He gave it to you." Elena nodded. "Yeah, but I'm a doppelgänger. It's not gonna work on me. He left it for if I ever have kids." Alaric tilted his head. "Yeah, well, then why don't you save it for future generations of stubborn, relentless baby Gilberts?" Elena rolled her eyes at the stubborn man. "Okay, and how 'bout you borrow it until after we survive this? I'd feel bad if I got you killed before happy hour." Alaric chuckled and took the ring, Elena turned around and set her bag down next to Isabella's and took a few steps closer to the water and slipped off her button up.

"I don't know why you think that you're a lost cause. ." Elena was cut off as Damon suddenly arrived and threw the brunette into the water, Alaric jumped up in alarm with his crossbow in hand. Isabella quickly dodge the rippling water and any drops from the splash before it could hit her. "What? Don't want to go for an afternoon swim little mermaid?" Isabella glared at Damon. "I had a perfect swim this morning thank you." Damon only shrugged in amusement and leaned against a nearby tree as he looked down at Elena.

"Damon! How are you even here?" Damon glanced over his shoulder to Alaric who had since calmed down. "Thanks for the tip, brother." Elena looks over at Alaric with betrayal. "You sold me out!" Alaric looked at her dumbfoundedly. "You think I'd take you to a mountain range of werewolves on a full moon without backup?" Elena frowned frustratedly and gestured to the blonde. "We have Bella." Damon scoffed. "Blondie 2.0 can only do so much against a bunch of werewolf hybrids." Isabella rolled her eyes. "I am not as weak as you think I am."

Damon looked back at her with raised brows. "Would you like me to tell your father about your escapades in the mountains where you could be found out?" Isabella crossed her arms. "He's away visiting friends in New Orleans." Damon narrowed his eyes at her. "Just a phone call away." Seeing the blonde pout in defeat Damon grinned and looked back to Elena who was still in the water. "Get out of the water, Elena." Elena stayed still as she looked at Damon defiantly. "If I get out of the water, you're gonna make me go home."