R O U N D - 1 0

It's not love

It's not love.

Ella chewed on her fork; her brown eyes ceaselessly lingered over Prince Emmett's masculine figure, engaged in devouring the mellow piece of cake settled upon the Palace's expensive cutlery.

It can't be love.

Maybe it's the way he looks that pulled Ella into his web.

Maybe it's the way his jet black hair repeatedly cascades over his forehead and falls over his dark eyes, his slender finger then tugging them behind his ear, revealing his pale temple.

Maybe it's the way he peers over her, his gaze so deeply profound yet so unbelievably soft.

So it's infatuation, right?

Or maybe it's just the way he smiles, which makes him all the more bewitching and truly irresistible.

Definitely infatuation.

Prince Emmett peeked over Ella as he halted munching on his vanilla desert, his brows slightly raised and the corner of his lips towed up giving Ella a gentle grin.

Ella choked.

Or is it?

The piece of warm steak that had been roaming around her mouth for the last few minutes, burned in her throat.

She banged her chest and tried to cough the food out resulting in her face turning beet red and eyes brimming with tears.

Prince Emmett who was settled across her stood and bent over the dining table in haste.

He poured water in his shiny silver cup and handed it to her, an expression of worry took over his features.

Ella chugged down the cold liquid in a bolt; her palm firmly clutched the metallic crockery as she placed it down after emptying it.

She sighed a breath of relief as the water gushed down her vessels, easing down the blazing sensation.

"Oh how lucky, Adler gets to drink from the same cup as Prince Emmett of the Mubeven Empire, I bet she must have departed straight to heavens inside."

Ella didn't even bother turning to the origin of the voice, she already knew who it was.

At this point everybody did.

Princess Irene.

She was seated beside Ella, her luscious hair tied in a neat bun, and her body adorned in a simple white gown.

Princess Irene threw multiple glares at Ella's way before she arranged her fork back on the plate and rubbed her hands off a green napkin.

Ella rolled her orbs, she thanked Prince Emmett and picked up her spoon. She dipped it in the vegetable soup positioned in the bowl in front of her and brought the spoon closer to her mouth before it tumbled down on her sky blue attire.