THE VEILED

༻✦༺Kim Ye-Rim as Louise Frankland༻✦༺

༻✦༺T H E  V E I L E D༻✦༺

Louise tapped her index finger on the silver, metallic tray impatiently. Her grip on the dishware tightened by every passing second as she firmly pressed her head against the creamy wall. She bent to her left, trying to peek at a very occupied Alexander, engulfed in heavy piles of papers and stationary. 

His pitch black hair was tangled all over his forehead, covering his feline eyes and his hand squeezed on his temple to somehow compensate for the burden he felt heavy on himself.

Louise was constantly debating.

Should she barge in like a confident woman and demand Alexander to have some evening tea with her?

Or should she knock, offer him some refreshments and then politely leave?

Louise glanced back at Alexander, her heart speedily thumping against her ribs.

To her, he was of essence beyond belief.

He was ethereal.

Her savior.

Only she could see the tender hearted and loving man behind his frozen facade.

His desires and yearns that he had sunk deep in his heart.

His selflessness that nobody could ever realize.

The human in him who was deemed unworthy.

If only people could notice....

Louise extensively inhaled, she couldn't even bring the courage to look him in the eye, talking to him was a whole other challenge and she was no dare devil.

Her hand plucked up the white, floral patterned cup of herbal tea, balancing it perfectly on a matching porcelain saucer. 

She set it on the floor by his door.

She wasn't going to knock, she wasn't going to make him notice her, Louise swiftly turned her back and strode away.

She could  live all her life by praising and admiring him behind closed doors.

He shouldn't get a whiff of her, he should just forget she still existed.

Louise kept her feet steady, her pace so slow that not even the click of her heels could be heard, her head hung down and her inner cheek bit firmly in her teeth.