THE DEAD-SET

༻✦༺Kim Tae-Hyung as Prince Emmett Able ༻✦༺

                                                       ༻✦༺ T H E D E A D S E T༻✦༺

"Higher!"

Alexander smacked the lower part of Ella's arm with the brown leather book he tightly grasped in his hand.

The hard blow to Ella's flesh made her internally groan as she tiredly lifted her upper limbs a tad bit further. Her orbs rolled to the back of her skull for the nth time and her mouth huffed the strand of hair that repeatedly fell back on her face.

"I leave town for one day and this is what you do behind my back?"

To say Alexander is pissed was an understatement, he was beyond that.

His brows knitted together in rage, making the faint lines on his forehead far more visible. One of his hands rested on his hips while the other pinched the bridge of his nose. His weapon, the big, old book, was now clutched between his forearm and his waist as he glared, at the two culprits kneeling on the ground with their arms raised and their eyes avoiding Alexander's.

"I hope you have a good excuse for yourself, Princess Irene."

He squatted in front of her, with a distance of no more than a meter apart.

His orbs hawkishly bored into her's, contemplating for an answer.

"Her,"

Alexander's index finger elevated, pointing at Ella.

"I don't expect a lot from. She's a mere commoner."

Wow, thanks a lot.

"But YOU!"

His slender finger now shifted towards Princess Irene's frame.

"You're a royal. Is it so hard to act as one? Don't make me think that all that precious time of yours spent on this Empire's best of teachers was a complete waste."

This was a first per Ella's part.

To see Princess Irene go mute, that is.

She kept her lips pressed in a thin line before opening them up for a split second.

Princess Irene had no words to spill nor had any sort of ridiculous claims left to pin on Ella. Her mind was flying everywhere, seeking to somehow rationalize her outrageous behavior.

She knew her eruptive temper was the real lawbreaker.

Sure she could keep blaming Ella, but the entire room could stand as her witness in defense.