Some Problems With Emotions

"What do you mean he looks empty?" asked CQ.

We're telling you, mom, a baby would at least cry once or twice. But Fresh hasn't cried yet nor smiled...Maybe you should take him to a doctor, huh? Just...Just in case?" said Geno, showing a hopeless expression.

"Geno's right, mom! I, too, saw Fresh. Just look into his eyes. They're so creepy!" Exclaimed Error.

Confused, CQ looked at Fresh, who was staring at Error, since he was the last one speaking.

"Fresh, sweetie?" CQ called.

Fresh looked at his mom with small white dots in his eye sockets without blinking.

CQ looked at Fresh with a concerned look.

"Okay. I will take him to a doctor. You're right. Fresh hasn't cried yet and this is not a great thing for any baby. But first, let's have our breakfast." said CQ.

Geno and Error nodded, they sat on the chairs and waited for breakfast to be served. CQ picked Fresh up and placed him in the baby chair.

Some moments later, CQ put the plates with waffles on the table. She prepared a bottle of milk for Fresh. He just stared at the bottle.

Noticing that Fresh was only staring at the bottle, CQ took the bottle and bottle fed Fresh his milk.

After about twenty minutes, everyone finished their breakfasts. They took turns going to the bathroom to brush their teeth and wash their hands. Error finished first. Then Geno, then CQ. Error went to his bedroom that he shared with Geno and got dressed in his casual clothes. Then, of course, Geno did the same.

Finally, when everyone was ready, they got in the car and CQ drove to the hospital.

Geno fell asleep on the way. Error looked at his older brother. He chuckled quietly, trying not to wake Geno up. Fresh was just looking at the world outside from his baby seat.

They finally arrived at the hospital after a while.

"Error, could you please wake your brother up?" asked CQ.

"Wake up, Geno. We are here."

Geno woke up and looked at Error, yawned, and gave him a little nod.

CQ was done getting the safety straps of Fresh's baby seat off of him and lifted him up into her arms. They walked into the hospital. Everything seemed so white and clean.

CQ was greeted by a nurse at the reception area and told her concerns regarding Fresh. The young nurse led the way to the doctor who dealt with these kinds of things, the specialist.

"So, he hasn't cried or smiled yet?" the doctor asked with a curious look on his face.

"Yes, doctor." said CQ seriously. The doctor's face shifted towards a sad look of concern.

"I'm so sorry Ma'am, but your son... is unable to feel anything."

"W-what do you m-mean?" asked CQ.

"He won't be able to feel anything. Neither now nor in the future. He is completely emotionless. And... there is nothing we can do to treat it.", said the doctor.

"S-so, our brother...really won't feel anything... at all?", Error asked as the doctor nodded slowly.

CQ felt the tears stream down her cheeks. She quickly wiped them up.

"Thank you, Doctor. Have a nice day." she said with a shaking voice. She picked Fresh up and left. They all went back to the car. The ride home in the car was a silent one to say the least until...

"Br-" "B-" "Bo-" said a high-pitched voice.

"B-br-" the same voice repeated.

Surprised, the brothers looked at the thing that was making the noise.
It was Fresh! He was about to say his first words!

"F-Fresh is trying to talk!" Geno burst out in amazement. Error just watched his little brother trying to say his first words. Error was curious too, as was CQ who had pulled the car over to witness the moment.

"Br-b"

"B-b-b-brah!" Fresh finally shouted. Geno's eyes glowed.

"B-b-b-brah!" Fresh finally shouted. Geno's eyes were glowing with joy!

"Whoa!" He said.

"Brah?" said Error, clearly confused and annoyed.

CQ's mood shifted up. She smiled a motherly smile and continued driving home.

"Brah." said Fresh one more time. However, this time, he said it while he was looking at his brothers. Then his mood changed. He furrowed his eyebrows in the slightest bit, such a subtle change in his expression that it couldn't be noticed until you looked at him for a little bit.

Geno and Error looked at their brother, without a smile this time, wondering what happened. Soon Fresh spoke up again.

"Brahs.", he said.

This actually surprised Geno and Error.... He had added an '-s' to make the word plural! He was a smart baby monster by all means.

Geno flashed a wide smile, but Error had a look of concern on his face.

Sometime later, they arrived home. CQ opened the door and let the kids go in first. Error was calmer now while Geno was still overly excited about having witnessed how smart Fresh was already.

CQ went inside the last with Fresh held tightly in her arms. She out him down on the thick carpet. Geno sat down beside him. Error sat down as well.

CQ went inside last with Fresh held tightly in her arms. She put him down on the thick carpet. Geno sat down beside him. Error sat down as well.

"Hey Fresh~" Said Geno. "Look, your 'brahs' are here~", he added. Error continued.

"Hi, Fresh... I'm Error and this is Geno... Just... know that no matter what happens..." He looked at Geno. Geno looked back at him.

"...we'll always love and protect you... Even if you can't feel the same for us..."