He Is Getting Better

After a conversation of what happened at home and at hospital. Nothing changed at home, as Geno said. Crayon was pretty anxious to tell the kids what had been going on. They would be so sad, and of course, she didn't want them to know much about the hospital. It was this was until Geno asked the question that had been in his mind since Fresh fell asleep due to the heavy dose of medications.

  "He... i-isn't getting b-better, is he?"

  Error also wanted to know about this. He just started to try to understand his little brother, and he wasn't ready to lose him. But hearing Geno ask this question in a hopeless manner gave him the chills, like Fresh really wasn't getting any better.

  Asy furrowed his non-existent eyebrows, waiting for the positive answer. He loved Fresh, and seeing him in this state, so helpess, weak and tired, made his soul ache as much as the others, Error and Geno.

  Crayon, on the other hand, looked uncomfortable and unhappy to hear this question. She knew that lying would be the worst option here, so she decided to tell the truth to everyone in the room.

  "T-that... would be correct, dear... He isn't.", Crayon said with all her might. She looked at Asy, then Error and Geno to find the small skeletons at the edge of crying. Wanting to make them feel better, Crayon spoke one more time. This was not a lie, either.

  "B-but-! It doesn't mean that he won't get better ever..! He... He has been here for a-almkst a week and been walking for two days a row..! I-it's normal that he's in this state."

  The sad faces were now replaced by bunch of smiles that still had a bit of sadness. Geno nodded slightly and swiped the tears away from his large eyesockets. He sniffled before talking.

  "Y-yeah... H-he will... be alright. As well as him, we also shouldn't give up on hope and... avoid making him feel 'bonely'..! Hehe..."

  Error and Asy snickered at the joke while Crayon gave a gentle smile of relief. Fresh looked and sounded like he was giving up on hope. But at least, Geno and Error were okay and hopeful.

  When the little sounds of snickering stopped, a silence filled the room. There were only the sound of someone sleeping in the room. That was Fresh, obviously. Geno looked at the sleeping skeleton and spoke as he pointed a finger to him.

  "Does... that happen o-often?", he asked, attracting everyone's attention to himself. Then he continued.

  "Does... Fresh... y'know... uh..."

  Eveyone in the room understood what he meant. He was wondering if Fresh was always falling asleep without consent and more pain.

  Crayon looked down at the defenseless, sleeping skeleton on her lap and nodded her head. This was another hard thing to say. She also couldn't bring herself to look at the disappointed faces of the three skeletons.

  This time, it was Error's time to try to smooth the atmosphere. He took a deep breath and spoke.

  "Țhĕšę ăřė ãłł ģøñņå ćømê ťø âņ ěņđ øņčě hę ģêțś bêțţëř..! Țhäț'š føř śůřė.", he said as he smiled. It was hard to smile in a situation like this, but to make everyone and himself feel better, he had to smile. And yet, it looked like it worked. Everyone had smiles once more.

  Apparently, there were also question in the glitchy skeleton's mind. Wasting no time, he asked it.

  "Whêņ wīłł hě wãķě ūp?"

  "Sometimes couple of hours, sometimes minutes if he has pain again.", responded Crayon as she finally felt tears building up on the corner of her eyes. She continued, her voice cracking. Though, it was more of talking to herself.