Never Give Up On Hope

Fresh took a deep breath. It obviously was going to be a lot harder than he thought, now that his brothers were also here. If Geno and Error weren't here, Fresh wouldn't have to try to hide his pain. He didn't want them to be... worried. Everyone had been in a lot of worry the past years, since Geno was sick, Error always angry at Fresh because Geno was in the hospital and Fresh acted like he didn't care.

  What was this..? Was this an emotion? Care, maybe? Fresh didn't know how care felt like. It could be any emotion or anything but emotions.

  When Fresh finally heard a slight sigh coming from someone in the room, knowing that the owner of the sigh was bored, Fresh took a step. At the same time, he was trying his best to not make those yelping sounds. Therefore, he bit his lip (?). Tried his hardest to not to also bleed it.

   "That's it... You're doing great, sweetheart." CQ complimented. She believed in her son. Geno was in the in almost the same condition as Fresh. He also couldn't walk quite well. But now, he was pretty healthy. He could walk, run, jump and so many other things. That's why, Crayon had full hope in Fresh. If Geno was over this, then why couldn't Fresh?

   In pain, Fresh took another step. Then came another. And another. Each step was harder than the other. But Fresh hid it perfectly.

  On the other hand, Geno, Error and Asy were watching Fresh in awe. Geno and Asy had a pleasant smile while Error looked shocked. They all thought Fresh couldn't walk.

  Fresh stopped after the sixth step. Boy, wasn't he tired to the bone! He slowly looked up to see his mother happily smiling. Fortunately, CQ understood what Fresh was going to say. She understood that Fresh was tired. If Fresh spoke, he would have to let go of his lip (?) and probably give signs of pain by whimpering.

  Fresh felt two arms lift him up. Was he that light? Maybe ot was because he hadn't eaten anything for days. There was this saline that avoided him from feeling hungry.

  Fresh then felt the soft surface of the hospital bed. Then the surface of the even softer pillow. The rubs to his skull came next.

  "You did a great job, dear. I will have to tell the nurses to change your painkiller, okay?"

  Fresh nodded softly and hummed. His eyesockets slowly closing without his consent. He was tired than usual. These six steps were hard for him. He remembered the times when he would be the most energetic person in the whole family. He would always run and jump. But now, he felt like he wouldn't be able to do any of these.

  Some footsteps were heard. It sounded like two people approaching to Fresh. The youngest skeleton couldn't see them. His eyesockets were almost fully closed. Therefore, his vision was blurry. He could make out some things, though. One of the approaching figures was black and the other was white (Boy, that sounds wrong-). He suddenly understood that these two figures were Geno and Error. He heard a soft voice. Thought Geno was speaking.

  "Wow, you look tired. Are you feeling okay?". The worry was obviously in his tone.

  Fresh took another deep breath, which caused the covered ribcage to hurt. The little skeleton's ribcage was all destroyed, but the doctors were able to stick them up together by using magic. It was still dangerous and weak, though.

  "Oof-", Fresh said without being able to control it. Although his vision was blurry, he could 'feel' his brothers' faces getting more worried, if possible.

  "Oh... Okay... I... I am guessing you need sleep..?" The older brother said.

  Fresh turned his head to Geno, who was standing on Fresh's left side. Fresh used all his might and opened his eyesockets. The left one hurt, but he needed to keep it open in order for it to get better.