One More Try

The new-woken mother hung up the phone after finishing the little chat with Asy. She sighed and turned around to face with that dull look from the one she knew very well, Fresh. CQ's eyes lit up in surprise when she saw the youngest awake, with even more clearer dark circles under his big eyesockets. How long has she been asleep? If Fresh is awake now, it must have been a long time. She couldn't remember the time she slept either.

"Honey! You're awake." CQ said with a little bit of surprise in her tone. She walked up to the little skeleton carefully and at a slow pace to let him understand that she was approaching. Fresh must have been still pretty tired because of the medicines and his little cracked purple/indigo-colored soul.

Fresh nodded slowly as he fake-smiled at the pink-haired woman approaching him.

"Hey, Ma." Fresh said with the same croacky voice. Gosh, what had happened to him to make him look so broken and tired?

Once CQ was there, she sat on one of the sofas that were just beside the bed. She put a hand on her son's head gently as Fresh looked at her every time she moved.

"How are you feeling?" CQ asked with the same motherly tone she always had.

"The same. Nothing changed, unfortunately."

Fresh's lingo was surely completely gone now.

A slight hint of being relaxed and at the same time, worry placed her sad and smoothy smile.

"That's good to know, sweety. Are you tired?- Would you like a cup of water? You also haven't eaten anything since you were in the hospital. Ate you hungr-"

"Ma, don't worry. I'm not feeling hungry, probably because of the painkiller. Oh. By the way, I think the painkiller in the bag of saline solution. They will come to change it, right?" Said Fresh as he gave a smile to reassure CQ that he didn't need anything.

"Um... Though, water sounds nice..."

CQ nodded once slowly, closing her eyes. With that, she stood up from the sofa she was Suttons and headed to the door to the white corridors of the huge hospital.

The skeleton on the bed started to think after the door of the room was closed behind CQ. Should he talk about that dream he had? Would it be called a 'dream', though? Well, it was a dream first, then it straightly jumped onto being a 'nightmare', as most people says. What would change if he told his mom about this? Would he be sent to a therapist? Would his mom worry? There was no reason to make her more worried than she already was. So Fresh decided to shut it.

Fresh sighed to the huge mess of thoughts in his head. It was then he remembered something.

He still didn't know how longer he has been in the hospital. He didn't know his condition. He still hasn't seen his body clearly.

With a gulp, he decided ot would be the best to start from the beginning; Which day is it?

He looked around slowly, trying not to miss any details of the room. It was mostly white, as any other hospital rooms. There were two sofas on the two sides of the bed, colored with a bluish color. There were machines for Fresh right next to the sofas. One was the soul mediator with an IV. The IV's other side was almost inside his throat bone. But he could talk properly. He was just tired to talk all the time. His throat was sore due to not using it much. The bed he was laying in was almost pretty close to the door to the corridor, but much more away from the bathroom. This made him think the reason why. To his right was a huge, light grey couch, just for sleeping. It looked pretty comfy, to be honest. There even was a pillow as well. To his right, but also a little front, was the bathroom. Its white door was closed. To his left was a bag of saline solution. The liquid inside it was transparent. He could see right through it. Though, he could have sworn that he saw a light of purple inside it. The bag of saline solution was attached to an IV, too. This IV was attached to Fresh's left hand with a bandage. It hurt, but he couldn't care less. The skeleton didn't remember ot being here before. Must be new.