One

A/N: this is going to be a Taylor Jardine/Jenna McDougall fanfic bc I ship them soo hard. It'll be really sad and very triggering for some people. There will be themes self-harm and abuse. please don't read if you are triggered by anything, I don't want you hurting yourself.

*~*~*~*~*~*

"Dear diary."

Jenna smirked. She was sitting on top of the roof of her shed, holding the purple, glittery book I knew so well.

"Jenna! Give it back!" I yelled. Jenna just shook her head and continued reading.

"Jenna is my best friend, she gives me piggy-backs and shares her food with me, I really like her." Jenna said, furrowing her eyebrows at the book, a confused look on her face. I braced myself for the disaster that was sure to come when she would read the next sentence.

"I sure wish she liked me back, oh boy..." Jenna looked at me with disgust, before chucking the book at me as hard as she could, and jumping off the playhouse. She then ran into the house yelling, "Mom! Dad! Taylor is a lesbian!"

That was the last day Jenna Mcdougall ever spoke to me. The memory seemed as if it was only yesterday instead of just five years ago.

Jenna's mom had sent me home, and called my mom to tell her about what Jenna had told them. I got home and we had a family meeting, where my dad told me I was a liar and just looking for attention. My mom told me I was only twelve, that I was too young to make these kinds of decisions for myself.

A couple months later I announced that I was not, in fact, a lesbian. Though I knew that I was.

Jenna never spoke to me again. She told everyone in school that I was a lesbian, and I was teased and bullied every day. Middle school is definitely not the right time to come out of the closet.

I sighed at the memories and got out of bed knowing that i would have to get out sometime anyways. I walked downstairs and saw my best friend, Vic, making coffee. He saw me and smiled.

"Morning sunshine." He said, and passed me a cup of coffee. I nodded appreciatively.

Vic and I have been living together for a little over two months. Vic was nineteen and had already moved out on his own, (not planning to go to college because his mind was set on getting famous with his band, 'Pierce the bale', I think they're country) I, being only seventeen, took legal action to get out of my parents house. It was nice living with him, although he always had this boy over, Kevin, I think is his name. Some nights I dont sleep very well because it's so loud. Kevin is very vocal in bed.

Vic was too afraid to come out of the closet, and so was I. It worked out pretty well that we lived together, because we also faked a relationship. I needed to keep up the facade that I was as straight as a pole.

"You have to go to school today." He ordered.

"Why?" I whined.

"You haven't gone in two weeks. You need education."

"You need education!" I shot back.

"No!" He turned around and slammed his hands on the table. "I am halfway down the celebrity path."

"Nobody likes country." I mumbled.

"We're not country! We're pop-punk!" He narrowed his eyes at me. I just shrugged. He sighed, and then smiled.
"Go to school, I'm going to Kellin's."

I smirked and raised my eyebrows.

"Use protection!" I yelled with a smile as I was running out of the apartment, multiple objects being thrown at me.