2

Warning⚠️
If abuse or anything like that triggers you just know this book contains some

A fifteen-year-old Colby walks down the pavement on his way home from school.

It's been four months since he left, since his best friend decided to stop believing the brunette, leaving him broken and confused. Looking back at their friendship Colby can't remember them once lying to each other, and yet Sam lost trust. Their entire friendship and was built so strongly and boom, just like that Sam left it.

"Mom? Dad? There's something I need to tell you," he says nervously. He's about to come out, and he doesn't know how they'll handle it but he has to do it eventually.

"What is it, son?" Mom asked. "If you have something to tell us, we're always here for you," She smiles, then turns off the TV and focuses on her son, and waiting for him to answer.

"Well um y-you see um," he stutters. Whenever he gets nervous his stutter comes out and he's not able to control it. He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. After a few moments, he reopens his eyes and says, "I-I like.. guys."

His mom stands up and hugs him tightly. Colby slightly flinches but is so relieved, of course, he hugs her back. "I support you, like always," She whispers. He's always been such a mama's boy.

His father stares at him angrily," Cole, go to your room!!" His voice grumbles. "NOW!" Colby freezes and looks at him in fright. The brunette saw his father so angry before.

"B-but f-father" he stutters. The brunette starts to breathe heavily, his anxiety is rising, and he couldn't breathe. His mom looks at him in tears, she doesn't understand why her husband is acting like this.

He stood strong and stomped to his son, a hard slap landed on Colby's cheek. "I SAID NOW!!" He stared at him angrily. He's never hit his kids. Like ever.

Colby places his hand on his cheek and as he burst into tears. He runs upstairs into his room and closes his door. He flops down on his bed, sobbing. He just wishes his father would understand.

Later that night, he fell asleep from crying so hard. Suddenly his door flies open and wakes him. He was grabbed and pulled to the floor, he looks up in horror at his father's angry face. But then his eyes travel down to his father's hand, a belt.

Colby jolts up breathing heavily and sweating, with tear stains on his cheeks. He has always had terrible nightmares but that, that was a memory.

He shakily sits up and checks the time, 4 a.m. He stands up trying to control his breathing. After a few moments, once he's calm, he gets out of his bed and walks to his bathroom looking in the mirror.

His face is covered in tear stains, eye bags, and sad eyes. He sighs deeply and he washes his face, grabbing a towel to dry it. He walks out of his bathroom, since he couldn't go back to sleep he decided to walk downstairs. He sees his mother sitting at the bar stools, on her phone, drinking coffee. He sighs and walks up to her and hugs her from behind. She jumps slightly and turns around to realize it's her son.

"Oh you scared me," she chuckles. She takes a good look at her boy seeing what a mess he is. She sighs and puts her arms around his neck to hug him. He hugs her back, burying his nose into her shoulder trying to not cry.

He burst into tears so she rubbed his back trying to calm him down. After a few moments they pull away, she wiped his tears, "are you okay?" She asks. He nods his voice seeming out. She sighs "try to take a deep breath. Can you do that for me?" He nods again and he takes a deep breath, trying to follow her breathing pattern.

Then once he was calm mouthing to her a 'Thank you' she nods and gives a small smile. She will always be there for him through ups and downs.

He sighs "I wish he could have accepted me, Mama," he mutters. It's almost been 3 years since it all happened, the beating, the mental abuse, just so so much pain. Two weeks later, his mom finally decided to call the police. She wishes she could have done it sooner but he threatened her not to do it. She feels so guilty every single day, Colby keeps telling her over and over it's not her fault.

She nods "me too baby. But your safe, safe without him," she whispers with a small smile. He nods and hugs her one more time. "Why not go back to sleep, you look so exhausted," she pulls away.

He nods and heads upstairs, going into his room. He flops down on his bed and looks at the time, it's 4:40 in the morning. He sighs and closes his eyes, falling into a dreamless sleep.

❦❦

Colby groans when his alarm clock goes off. He grabs his phone and turns the alarm clock off. A sigh escapes from his lips he feels slightly better than before. He stands up from his bed and his feet carry him to the closest, looking for an outfit.

Colby picked out a black shirt with writing in silver that said 'BALMAIN PARIS', a black pair of jeans, black shoes and silver chain necklaces to match. He takes off his clothes putting them in the hamper, then changes into his outfit.

Colby walks into his bathroom to brush his teeth and messes the dark purple tips of his hair until he is satisfied with it. He opens his medicine cabinet that's above his sink and takes out his bottle of pills. Colby opens up the bottle taking out two pills then places the bottle back.

He grabs a plastic cup beside his sink and fills it with water, swallowing the pills with it. Colby has been on anti-depressants ever since everything happened. His mom took him to the doctor after months of him acting 'off', no surprise he got diagnosed with depression.

He walks out of his bathroom. Walking to his bed, he grabs his phone turning his phone on and revealing a message from his best friend Shea.

She's has been his best friend ever since Sam left. She's is the only one that was able to cheer him up, she knew him page by page.

'Walk with me to school?' He smiles reading the text and replies 'Yeah! Of course :)' he swings his bag onto his shoulder and walks out of his room, heading downstairs. He walks into the kitchen and greets his mom with a kiss on the cheek. "Bye Mom, I love you!" He calls out with a smile about to walk out the door. She smiles when Colby comes into view.

"How was your sleep?" His mom was always worried about always about his health. She was always a caring and wonderful woman and an amazing mother to Gage and Colby. Colby's brother Gage went to college a year ago but he always visits them on weekends.

"Little bit better," Colby said. "I'm heading off to school, bye Mom love you!" He walks out the door. Shea waits for him by the end of his driveway. He walks to her and greets her with a small hug "Hey."

"Hey!" She hugs back and smiles at her best friend. He and Shea are like brother and sister type bonding, sometimes they have playful fights, always annoying each other. "How are you?"

"Rough but it's getting better," He replies. She nods and starts walking, heading to school with Colby. She always wants to ask more questions, but she doesn't want him in a bad mood so she makes their time hopefully time for him to forget. So they walk to school side by side in peaceful silence.

❦❦

Words counted: 1371

Hey guys! I know it's a little sad chapter, I want one chapter about Sam's story and one chapter of Colby's story. I hope you guys enjoy :) 🖤🖤