22

Some students volunteer (a month ago and a week before the cast was auditioned) were painting and crafting for each scene. Sam wishes he could paint but he has to focus on his lines, so he doesn't have time to do both.

After everyone left. Sam and Colby decided to stay for a little bit longer, Sam in backstage along with Colby practicing for their lines. Sam ran his hand through his blond hair as he messed up. He's been starting over like 3 times, that's the part he's having trouble with.

"Mercutio, thou consor-t'st. Wait, no... um.. c-consor-t'st." Sam stuttered as he keeps messing up. "Damn it!" He whispered. Sam never wants to sign for a school play in the first place but he has no other choice. He has to do this play so he can have extra credit so he can pass his junior year.

Colby walked over to him as he told him to take his time as long as he needs. They have been working on this scene for the past few days and still, Sam couldn't get it right. He's far behind making him more stressed. "Sam, it's going to be ok, let's try again." He smiled as comfort.

"You don't get it, Colby!!" Sam snapped annoyingly. "I never ask for this, I never asked for this play. I'm being forced and I'm so sick of it!!"

"Sam, calm down. Why the fuck you're getting so aggressive for that I'm just trying to help you?" Colby walks towards the blond boy, taking his hand trying to calm him down.

Sam getting more overheated, snatched his hand away from his rival. "God this is exactly why I wasn't even sad when we stopped talking, you're so overbearing, needy, and all in my face all the time!!"

"Are you fucking kidding me?! Sam... what happened past a few weeks ago?!" Colby raised his voice. "Out of nowhere, you started being we're getting along just fine without you're insulted. How I missed you and spent time with you just like in the old times!!"

"It's not my fault. Sometimes you need to face a reality because this isn't you're imagining that you can create however you like!"

"Sam!" Colby's tears are in his eyes as slowly gets started to read. "Ever since we have dinner at MY house after you come back for using a bathroom and you didn't even look at me once. ONCE! You look like you saw an fucking ghost and walked out so quickly that you couldn't speak!! The next day, you act so nice, and then the next you're acting like an asshole, and then you act so nice and pretend nothing happened!! What the hell is going on, Sam, I'm not going anywhere until I have some answers!!"

This time. Colby is done storming off, he is done feeling this way, and this time... he needs some answers. He feels like he's losing his mind about Sam's confusing mood swings. Tears ran down Colby's face as he waited for the blond boy to respond.

For a moment Sam thinks about all those things that Colby said, It's true. He's been back-and-forth about those feelings around the purple-haired boy, between fighting and not fighting. He doesn't want to feel this way. Not anymore. "Why the hell are we still acting like this?" Sam whispered, trying not to cry.

Colby shakes his head as he's furious but his face is slightly pink from the tears running down his face. "You started this the second you walked out my house believing someone you don't even know over me.." He said quietly, he sniffles.

Sam slowly walked over to the boy who's standing in right front of him, the blond boy looks in Colby's icy eyes filled with tears. He's looking for lies or mockery but yet he finds... nothing.

Colby trying to not have a mental breakdown pulling him into a hug tightly, not wanting to let him go. He felt Sam's arms around his waist, Colby slightly sighs relief to himself. He missed this. His hugs. His hugs are always the way he's calmed down.