38

⚠️Warning⚠️ This chapter has mentioned abuse. If abuse or anything like that triggers you can skip it. Thank you.

One month later

Colby had a plan for getting away since his dad is out of prison and he doesn't want to see him because it brings back so many memories. His dad is the reason why he got nightmares every night since the tragedy happened. Yesterday, he told his mother that when his father came back home, Colby wants to stay in the hotel room for the night because he doesn't want to see him.

But Colby doesn't want to stay in the hotel alone, so he asked Sam if he could stay with him for keeping him company. It's currently almost nighttime when the two boys are laying down on the bed at the suite. The room is slightly dark because the sun is going down, but they didn't turn on any lights. Sam is laying down next to Colby while his cheek is pressing on his boyfriend's bare chest.

His fingertips are slowly tracing Colby's abs line for entertainment. Hearing his heart beating makes him lighthearted inside which makes the blond boy enjoy. Sam is getting worried about Colby because he's so quiet for some reason. Don't get me wrong he always enjoys the quietness and admires each other's appearance, but he feels like there's something wrong.

He closes his eyes once Colby kisses his forehead softy, making him smile. Sam looks up at him, but his head is on his collarbones. He looks in his beautiful icy eyes filled with sadness and... scared but trying to hide it. Maybe ask him if there's something wrong or if he wants to talk about it. The blond boy wants Colby to trust him and never be afraid to express his emotions.

"Hey," Sam whispered.

"Hey," Colby whispers in response. He is staring at his ocean eyes and pecking his lips.

"What's happening? What's going on and why are we renting a hotel room randomly?"

Colby knows the day has come when his dad coming home, and Sam is asking questions if there's something wrong. He knows that he can't keep this secret from him any longer, and he deserves to know the truth. Maybe today is the day if he could tell Sam everything about his past. A past he wants to forget.

He opened his mouth but closed it as he swallowed, trying to calm down and he won't chock up. He took a deep breath before he could get started. "Three years ago, when I was fifteen, I was wandering down the sidewalk and on my way to my house. I was so ready for telling my parents about coming out. I told them that I like guys. My mom came up and hugs me so tightly and said, 'I support you, like always.' I'm glad because she's always so sweet and caring."

Sam sits up so they're lying on their sides facing each other as he's listening to what he has to say. He doesn't want to talk if only Colby needed to.

"My dad took it the wrong way, He started yelling at me for going to my room, but I make the biggest mistake for not listening to him in the first place. I try talking to him, but he starts to slap me. I was so shocked because he never hit me or Gage." Colby feels his emotion start acting up, but he chose to ignore it. "I go to my room because I don't want him to have pissed him off any further. I cried and cried and cried until I fell asleep."

"My dad barged in my room causing me to wake up. He yanked me off of my bed and pulled me to my floor. His..." Colby cuts himself off when he feels his tears running down across his face to his pillow. He felt Sam's hand on his cheek as Colby let out of a silently sobbing. "h-he took his belt off and start to keep hitting me." His body start to shake as he let painful sobs escape from his lips.

Sam's face looks like he's terrified as he is trying not to cry because he wants to stay strong for Colby. He knows that the purple-haired boy needed him the most. Sam wiped his boyfriend's tears with his fingers, and he saw his eye starting to get red. It broke his heart when he saw Colby like this; he had seen Colby in this position before. Pain. Sam rubs his back for making sure that he's always here for him.