36

Three days later.

It's the day before the play and the students are memorizing their lines as much as they can. Some were freaking out because it's their first time. Some were not nervous and acted like they don't care. As for Colby, he has a mix of emotions in this play. He's kinda freaking out on the inside because the play is a 4-hour play and David is not a good actor and kept messing up.

Colby hopes that David gets his shit together, so he won't feel any stressed. He's been teaching him as much as possible but he still keeps messing up. Colby doesn't understand why they cast him as an understudy. He knows that it sounds so harsh but he just doesn't understand. Maybe some judges know Joesph is a good actor and they think he doesn't need an understudy because they think he'll stay. But every main role needs an understudy, just in case if the students are sick, injured, or had a family emergency or other reasons.

Sam is currently in the classroom first period as he's listening to a teacher rambling about who knows what. The students are scribbling down the notes from the board. Some were are on the test. Some were not. Sometimes the teachers teach things that they were not on any tests, which causes them kinda fail.

Sam turn around and looked at Kat who's doing her work. To Sam, he kinda reminds her of Colby; shyness needs to have their work done, and need someone who they can talk to about random things or something personal. That's not why he chose to be with her. He wants to be friends with her because she understands him. She understands how much passion he about his art. She understands complicated friendships.

Sam turned around when heard his teacher call his name and tell him to pay attention or he gets detention after school. Sam rolls his eyes as he writes down his notes he technically can't get detention because today is the last day of practice. He doesn't want to cause a drama between his teacher and his drama teacher, just like High School Musical.

Sam wants to talk to Kat about what happened this morning because this morning is very weird. He usually gets a good morning text from Colby, but he didn't get the message. Sam wondered what's going on. He doesn't want to overthink again, just like the last time when Colby is ignoring or avoiding him. Like Sam said on their first date if Colby needs someone talked to, or he's ready to talk about his past.

He'll wait for him. As long as he needs.

❦❦

The next period is when Sam has the same class as Colby but the teacher lets the students choose the seats whatever they want. When Sam and Colby get along, they sit down next to each other and start talking before their teacher came to his class after the bell rings.

The two boys are in their usual seats while they're listening to their teacher rambling. Colby is on his phone as he's hiding it underneath the table. He has no problem when he's not paying attention to the teacher's talking since his grade is straight A's. He's scrolling through his Instagram liking random pictures and favorites.

As for Sam, he's been trying to talk to him before the class start but the purple-haired boy keeps ignoring him. Sam is very confused because the last time he doesn't answer Sam's phone and left him at the part branch is 4 days ago. For the past 4 days, Colby has been talking to the blond boy and he couldn't be more be happier. But now, he randomly stops talking to him out of nowhere.

Sam turned to Colby when the teacher isn't looking, and start looking at the broad. Whispering his name but Colby continued ignoring him as he put his phone away, decided to start listening to his teacher. Sam sighs quietly as he feels slightly sad, turns around, and starts writing down the notes. Maybe he wants some space and maybe he'll come around. Will he?

After a third class later, when it's lunchtime. The group of students is heading their class and most of them walking towards the cafeteria. Colby is in the cafeteria and meeting his friends at the table but someone has other plans. He heard a familiar voice that calling his name, making him turn around.