Yes Sir, I Can Fight

Chapter Ten

Catherine

My head collides with the table, momentarily making the world go black. I groan, pushing myself off the table, my palm pressing against the edge of the wood. Turning around with my arms out wide, trying to stable myself, I raise my head up to face the problem- or rather, problems.

Two males- both apparent Oi Alloins; both taller than 6 feet; both a little further than 20 feet away; both hosts to two powers- both perfectly capable of killing me.

But they aren't killing you Catherine, are they?

All their moves are simple, casual knockouts, tailored to give concussions but never a bit more. Nothing more, nothing less. They can easily grab the knives that are sitting patiently on the dining table, but they don't. It's almost as if they're not even trying to kill me, but why? Isn't this what Oi Alloi men do? Kill people? Igetis would never give away a victim, especially one from To Sotos. I breath in, my eyes fluttering close, the men a safe distance away, wigs off now. I walk through all the cuts my body currently has: a simple slice on my forearm, not really bleeding too much; a thorough gash parallel to my eyebrows- instinctively, I put my arm out to touch it, my hand screams in pain: another well sinked in on my right shoulder. Okay, not too bad. I open my eyes, ready to fight for my life.

But both of those...things are just staring at me. Not moving. Waiting. For me.

Maybe I should not be stupid and do anything- but I will be stupid and I'm going to do something. I have an advantage now, and I'm not going to let it go.

I slowly pull out a throwing knife from my left boot. Then another from my right. My only two, as instructed by Elizabeth. Use them wisely, Catherine. They are both still, tensed up around the eyes and chest. I knew they can dodge knives, so throwing any at them won't help at all and there's no way I can run out of the house, or get access to a landline or phone. These guys may not be here to kill me, but they very much can knock me, tie me up, and take me as hostage. I have to kill them, or injure, at the least, but the question stands: how? I frown.

My mom would always say, "Think, Cathy, your mind is your greatest weapon."

Mom.

I miss her so much. I long for her safety, her comfort. I kick myself internally, getting my mind back on track to the ongoing scene.,

God, Catherine stop getting so dis-
Wait.

I smiled at the imbeciles. They aren't very smart. This could work...

Twirling my knife in my hand, a smile morphing into what I'm assuming looks like a maniacal grin, I say, "Come on. Are you even trying to kill me? Let's have some fun!"

I eye them closely for any reaction, my grin not faltering even once.

Nothing. Maybe a flicker of unease spill across the merciless Oi Alloin eyes, but none. I'm going to have to just... go for it.

I bound at them savagely, thrusting the kindly knife down through the taller ones chest, again and again and again as he hollows in pain, tears cursing his way down his cheeks, his wrists turn ever so slightly towards me, as if he wants to hurt me with his powers, but he doesn't, and as his palm lets go of the ache, turning to the floor, a damp puddle appears below it.

Almost aware that the other man would be breaking my heart in two in almost a moment, I flex my muscles in a last effort to go out with good poster (you should be proud of me, mom) but instead, his partner, who had failed hilariously to impersonate my mother, now turns towards me and starts backing out the door, his back facing the exit. Why isn't he attacking me? Let it go, there's not time to think about that right now. As I watch the man stutter away, it hits me: I have to kill them both; no one can be left with this knowledge.